shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this vintage/antique ring too warm? Should I skip?

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
Hi! I currently won this ring and now I’m second guessing if I made a mistake? The color on the marquis is an M at 1.61 ct and side diamonds are H. It’s set in Platinum 2562FDED-A6C9-491A-A3DA-B46612AA853C.jpeg 5E0E3042-64BD-486E-83C1-ABAAEF2EEA66.jpeg 34C5E51B-9857-482D-994E-A9EB00E22010.jpeg 4D3C4CAF-1CB8-4AC7-AD43-0C206086699B.jpeg 94BB88B4-ECF2-464B-B429-3C60AD1D23A4.jpeg 2562FDED-A6C9-491A-A3DA-B46612AA853C.jpeg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too warm is subjective, colour is entirely personal preference. You bid on it for a reason so I assume that you like it, and wanted to purchase it, right? It looks like a rose cut diamond?

If the seller has a return policy, you can always return it if you see it in person and don't like it. I don't know what to tell you if the seller doesn't have a return policy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well there is something you don’t see everyday…a marquise rose cut!

Color is very personal so nobody can really answer if you made a mistake or if the diamond is too warm. It’s all about what is pleasing to you. Although I like the setting a lot, a diamond of this color would probably even be further enhanced if the head it’s set in was yellow gold.

First things first, wait to see it in-person, then you will know for sure. Also try not to stress, it looks very clean and the setting is beautiful!

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
Too warm is subjective, colour is entirely personal preference. You bid on it for a reason so I assume that you like it, and wanted to purchase it, right? It looks like a rose cut diamond?

If the seller has a return policy, you can always return it if you see it in person and don't like it. I don't know what to tell you if the seller doesn't have a return policy.

Yes I was excited for it but was looking around for opinions on other threads and it seems like either people really like warm diamonds or not. That’s why I’m second guessing.

They do have returns so that’s great.

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
Well there is something you don’t see everyday…a marquise rose cut!

Color is very personal so nobody can really answer if you made a mistake or if the diamond is too warm. It’s all about what is pleasing to you. Although I like the setting a lot, a diamond of this color would probably even be further enhanced if the head it’s set in was yellow gold.

First things first, wait to see it in-person, then you will know for sure. Also try not to stress, it looks very clean and the setting is beautiful!

Thank you for your input! If I was to put it in a yellow gold setting would it end up looking too yellow?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Is the stone certified? It looks warm for that grade, even with the rose cut.

My big concern would be did you pay a fair price for what it is. Without knowing the details, hard to say.

If you are questioning too warm, you may have your answer.

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
You may like it set in rose or yellow gold better , I have an N and mine looks better in yellow gold I think and I’ve had a platinum head, prongs and halo .

Do you have a pic somewhere on this forum? I’d be very curious on what it looks like. :)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Is it too warm”
As a question of looking pretty (personal taste)
Or
Compared to the listings claim?

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually love warm rose cuts. Usually I am attracted to them right away. I prefer them set in yellow gold or at least a yellow cup. I think if you bid on it then you do like it.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think it’s a very unusual stone. It’s charming - I suspect that’s warmer than an M, and the melee looks warmer than H (some of it anyways)

If you love it that’s what matters as long as you feel you paid appropriately

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I also like the setting...i wouldn't buy it to reset it personally

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you have a pic somewhere on this forum? I’d be very curious on what it looks like. :)

My ring in the new yellow gold is my profile picture and I started a thread called Back to a solitaire from a halo it’s at Show me the bling page .

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow gold will definitely enhance the yellow if you decide to go that route, will it be too yellow? Maybe I am the wrong one to answer since I bought a diamond champagne in color and bezeled it in 18k yellow to bring out the yellow in the diamond. So a bit biased perhaps.

You may find that the yellow is much more subtle IRL, sometimes photography can make a diamond with some color look even more saturated.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Good that they accept returns so you can see then decide. What I can’t figure out is in the photo it looks like there’s abrasions or chips around it but I can’t be sure? It’s almost like the outline is very tinted and the inside is clearer. But photos can be deceiving.

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
“Is it too warm”
As a question of looking pretty (personal taste)
Or
Compared to the listings claim?

I’d say personal taste but I’ve had a few comments say on here it’s not M. I did just pay for the auction so I’m going to see in real life what it really looks like

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
Is the stone certified? It looks warm for that grade, even with the rose cut.

My big concern would be did you pay a fair price for what it is. Without knowing the details, hard to say.

If you are questioning too warm, you may have your answer.

I’m not sure if it’s coming with certification but I’ve bought with this seller in the past (including buying a 1ct solitaire diamond necklace) and it seemed accurate the info they gave so I’m hoping that’s the same case with this ring.

I did get it for under 2k which is a deal I think?

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
I actually love warm rose cuts. Usually I am attracted to them right away. I prefer them set in yellow gold or at least a yellow cup. I think if you bid on it then you do like it.

Correct! I’m just second guessing myself because I’ve had multiple people tell me they don’t prefer old diamonds

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
Completely one-of-a-kind. I love it. The tint really gives the stone major character, and you'd be hard pressed to find something similar again. It would be a keeper for me.

I’m leaning towards that way. Just paid for it and will take pics in real life when I receive!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Correct! I’m just second guessing myself because I’ve had multiple people tell me they don’t prefer old diamonds

I am happy to see you purchased it. I think it's awesome!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the right price I'd definitely buy it, though I supect it's warmer than an M

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the cut and color, it’s super unique. I do not love the setting however. For something like this, why not embrace the warmth and put it in yellow gold. Or do two tone, plat and yellow for that matter. I would buy this in a jiffy!

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
I’ll be taking proper photos tomorrow but it doesn’t look as yellow as it did on the photos it seems

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow !
It looks amazing
Can't wait to see it on your finger
it doesn't look that yellow so far
Every other person's opinions does not matter - only yours
Dont let others influence you because they (think) they only like modern diamonds
Its your hand, your ring and your money

so far im loving it though

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
More pics today. There is one inclusion that I zoomed in that I didn’t see in pics. It looks alot brighter than in pics and I’m amazed with how much it sparkles in real life- especially with it being a rosecut

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is very beautiful, I love the setting and it looks wonderful on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results