shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this too much for a man’s pinky ring??

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Struggling with the profile view but getting closer!

E5BA409E-1D24-43FB-9F4D-AD8B34F2CFE5.png

And it turns out that the French cuts & M8F play very well together!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Struggling with the profile view but getting closer!

E5BA409E-1D24-43FB-9F4D-AD8B34F2CFE5.png

And it turns out that the French cuts & M8F play very well together!

Nice!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, right???

Your pinky is just fine! When I think of a multi-stone diamond-studded "pinky ring," I envision more of 60s Bond villain BMI.

You can wear that ring on any finger!

I have an over-the-top ring that could have been a perfect pinky ring for a cat-in-the-lap SPECTRE mastermind but I can only wear it on a bigger finger -- and only under partial cover of darkness!

A ring -- any ring -- on the pinky is just fine. A "pinky-ring" conjures something else :mrgreen2:.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looked just a tad too chunky to me, so I tried adjusting the outline of the shank to more closely follow the line of those fantastic side stones. I think it does maybe help show them off a little more! =)2

Screenshot (507).png

Please forgive my totally inadequate photo editing skills, but hopefully you get the drift. :mrgreen2:

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It looked just a tad too chunky to me, so I tried adjusting the outline of the shank to more closely follow the line of those fantastic side stones. I think it does maybe help show them off a little more! =)2

Screenshot (507).png

Please forgive my totally inadequate photo editing skills, but hopefully you get the drift. :mrgreen2:

Thank you for the feedback!

Here’s the finalized profile;

A52C8F3D-1393-4C03-A46C-12212153D61B.jpeg

D157A137-326A-4F38-89BA-5C5DF3AE1BD1.jpeg

Last edited:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
In the top down view, i think the centre stone is a little too "proud"- i prefer the version in #34. to me that version flowed better to my eye. Peter (prs) #37 version is good, too

I love the side profile view- that puffy crown? YUM!

Last edited:

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
In the top down view, i think the centre stone is a little too "proud"- i prefer the version in #34. to me that version flowed better to my eye. Peter (prs) #37 version is good, too

I love the side profile view- that puffy crown? YUM!

Thanks fir the feedback. Agreed. My proportions are off in this one. I like the lines though! I think it goes to CAD next week.

This one may be awhile though

…and…it won’t be a pinky ring after all ;-)

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I always feel the face up view is more important than the side view, because that's what you are going to be looking at all the time.

This is true in spades if it's not going to be a pinky ring, the side view will be hidden between your fingers!

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I always feel the face up view is more important than the side view, because that's what you are going to be looking at all the time.

This is true in spades if it's not going to be a pinky ring, the side view will be hidden between your fingers!

Very true! You will see the side on index fingers as well!

So, any feedback on the face? 1st or 2nd?

C3F07E71-D650-484A-AF58-CD1945563EA0.jpeg E0A83388-E718-4478-81C6-5EEBC802EC41.jpeg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to drop in and say that the ring is going to be gorgeous! In addition to the pinky, I think this would look great on the middle finger - #2 on your last post, because it appears to flow slightly more.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
to be fair to the ring and the ring wearer.... which finger is this ring going to be worn on?

For me: there are certain lines/ flow that i prefer on certain fingers. Admittedly, i only have ring finger rings, and one pinky ring.

Being a ring finger ring: My eye will definitely go for the flow of the heavier ring, which i think it is the lower/ bottom ring.

If it is a pinky ring, (if i read correctly, it isnt going to be anymore?) then i would choose the skinner ring.

It looks like you may be choosing this ring for the pointy finger/ second finger(?).
If so, I would consider what other rings you have and if this is going to be different or not.
I know you octavia is going to be robust/ architectural/ second finger ring on the same hand. So there may be enough of a reasoning to go for a slightly less structure/heavier ring.

Or, if you wanted to consider how would you wear your rings. You are getting 2 made at the same time. so it would be hard to judge what it is that you would do. change it daily, weekly, or as the mood suits.

Top down or side profile view will largely depend on which finger this ring is going to be sitting on. For me, a ring finger- you will have a combination of side and top view. Side view- when you are driving your hands are on the steering wheel. so you see the side view. second finger- similar both side and top view are important for me.
Pinky- given my tolerances for the pinky ring to be bling free, it doesnt matter the side or the top view. BUt suspect taht if there was bling, the top view would be more important.

Yes, many considerations. and many that depend on what you think would suit.
and yes, i am not going to make that decision for you.

LOLOLOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: prs

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
to be fair to the ring and the ring wearer.... which finger is this ring going to be worn on?

For me: there are certain lines/ flow that i prefer on certain fingers. Admittedly, i only have ring finger rings, and one pinky ring.

Being a ring finger ring: My eye will definitely go for the flow of the heavier ring, which i think it is the lower/ bottom ring.

If it is a pinky ring, (if i read correctly, it isnt going to be anymore?) then i would choose the skinner ring.

It looks like you may be choosing this ring for the pointy finger/ second finger(?).
If so, I would consider what other rings you have and if this is going to be different or not.
I know you octavia is going to be robust/ architectural/ second finger ring on the same hand. So there may be enough of a reasoning to go for a slightly less structure/heavier ring.

Or, if you wanted to consider how would you wear your rings. You are getting 2 made at the same time. so it would be hard to judge what it is that you would do. change it daily, weekly, or as the mood suits.

Top down or side profile view will largely depend on which finger this ring is going to be sitting on. For me, a ring finger- you will have a combination of side and top view. Side view- when you are driving your hands are on the steering wheel. so you see the side view. second finger- similar both side and top view are important for me.
Pinky- given my tolerances for the pinky ring to be bling free, it doesnt matter the side or the top view. BUt suspect taht if there was bling, the top view would be more important.

Yes, many considerations. and many that depend on what you think would suit.
and yes, i am not going to make that decision for you.

LOLOLOL.
Bravo!

Thoughtful and insightful as always!

I could wear this on my index, middle or ring finger. Not sure yet.

Your reflection on different lines for different fingers resonates with me. I’ve yet to fully take this into consideration.

And other rings…particularly the Octavia ring…DO have to be taken into consideration. That’s why I said it may be while before this one is made.

I just got excited about the design and want to see it in 3-D. I intend to pause fir a spell to truly take in the Octavia ring and how it wears.

I will keep you in the loop. Thank you again for the wonderful reflections! Quite the consultant!!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Love the last pictures you posted! It’s gonna be amazing. Please post a separate SMTB thread when it’s done so we can all drool over it there !

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Well, It's been a long time in the making, but it's finally complete - and with a new story behind the design revision:

BTW, sorry for my long absence from PS. I've missed you all! I was hesitant to post anything as I was making a flailing attempt to enter the Trade. Since it never really took off and I ran out of money to throw at the venture, I though I might be able to restart posting again. While I never actually made a dime (or sold anything for that matter :lol-2:), I did get better at designing and made a few cool pieces.

Hope this is okay to share!

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Well, It's been a long time in the making, but it's finally complete - and with a new story behind the design revision:

BTW, sorry for my long absence from PS. I've missed you all! I was hesitant to post anything as I was making a flailing attempt to enter the Trade. Since it never really took off and I ran out of money to throw at the venture, I though I might be able to restart posting again. While I never actually made a dime (or sold anything for that matter :lol-2:), I did get better at designing and made a few cool pieces.

Hope this is okay to share!

“That’s hot” (said in Paris Hilton’s voice). But truly it’s awesome!! I was just gonna tag you in the MIA thread as I was wondering where Dr Diesel’s been!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Wow. WOW. This is insane! As someone who’s had their share of L5-S1 drama, I TOTALLY see the inspiration. My first reaction to the sharp prong aesthetic was slightly apprehensive but then I saw the smooth, rich, polished interior - like butter. Just incredibly, incredibly cool.

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
“That’s hot” (said in Paris Hilton’s voice). But truly it’s awesome!! I was just gonna tag you in the MIA thread as I was wondering where Dr Diesel’s been!

Awww!!! Thank you for thinking of me! This past year has been quite the wild ride!

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow. WOW. This is insane! As someone who’s had their share of L5-S1 drama, I TOTALLY see the inspiration. My first reaction to the sharp prong aesthetic was slightly apprehensive but then I saw the smooth, rich, polished interior - like butter. Just incredibly, incredibly cool.

Thanks @dmack. Your feedback totally made my day! Its super fun when inspiration strikes like lightning and the whole design manifests in a single flash. …and I am both happy (and offer my condolences) that you can relate to the imagery!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results