shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this the right diamond for her?

jeffybean

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
I've been on this journey to find the right diamond to propose with and this forum has been exceedingly helpful. I recently moved overseas so diamond shopping has been a bit of a strange process for me. Most of the stores I have been to do not have a selection of diamonds to show me so I have no real visual reference for the minute differences between the 4 Cs. From all that I've learned here I've been putting my focus on finding the right cut and I'm hoping I've found a winner.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3638365.htm

Can anyone give me their thoughts on this diamond especially concerning the cut/ideal scope image? I've been looking at under 1 carat and this definitely fits my price point which is under 4k. I'm a little concerned about the "I" color of the diamond, is it worth it to spend the money to upgrade to a colorless or even a higher near colorless diamond? Appreciate any thoughts y'all can give me, it's hard going through this process away from home but this forum has helped ease a lot of my concerns about diamond shopping online.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's gorgeous. I think at 80 points I color is great, all you will see is a all that bright light.

Seriously. Great choice.

What setting are you getting?

Finally, are you sure she wants a round? And is happy with the size?

jeffybean

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the vote of confidence!
I'm positive she wants a round cut, we've done some ring shopping together and while most places don't have anything between .5 and 1 carat, I know that she would be more than happy with the size (as long as it's closer to 1 :lol: ). I would love to get her a 1 carat but finding one that I would feel comfortable giving her would effectively double the cost. Especially now that I have to consider international shipping and customs.

I hope I'm saying this right but I'm looking at getting her a solitary setting with micropave and a milgrain edge. Hope I don't sound like too much of a n00b with how I wrote that. Actually, I don't know why I'm trying to describe it when a picture would explain it much better: http://www.coastdiamond.com/photos/products/zoom/358_0.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love.that. Get WF legato.with pave and add milgrain. It will.be stunning.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1457605227|4002516 said:
Love.that. Get WF legato.with pave and add milgrain. It will.be stunning.

Ditto...with the diamond you've selected it will be beautiful. Get it all taken care of in one place. Great choice!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jeffybean

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your help! Diamond has been purchased *whew*!
I have someone here that will be making the ring for me so hopefully everything goes well.
I will share pictures when it's all said and done. Thank you all so much again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results