shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this Tahitian necklace consider Top peacock color?

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I've looked around and request several vendors to source for a strand of top peacock Tahitian (baroque). here's the one I like best. Is this consider a top grade? let me know ur views! tks

According to the Tahitian grading:

Size:9.2X11MM to 10.9X13.5MM.
Shape: Baroque.
Body Color: Black.
Overtone: Peacock. Clear green/red.
Luster: Very High. AAA grade. (AAA is the highest grade for luster).
Surface: Very Slightly Blemished. A- grade. (A is the highest grade for surface quality).
Nacre Thickness: Thick.
Matching: Very Good Match.
Origin: Tahiti.

Top peacock baroque.jpg

Top peacock baroque1.jpg

PearlsOfJoy

Rough_Rock
Trade
very nice color on that piece Agnes! Of course don't forget to ask the vendors if they have something with a really strong peacock that isn't listed - most vendors have lots of stock that isn't listed on the websites.

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Tks for the reply:) is this consider a strong peacock? Would u grade it top? $1900 a fair price? Tks

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, very strong peacock.

I bought 2 strands from Pearl Paradise in 2008. They are the same size as the strand you posted (9.2mm to 10.9mm). One is 8.9 mm smallest to 11.5mm largest pearl width wise, usually measurement are given measured perpendicular to the drill hole. The other is 9.1mm to 11.7mm. They have excellent luster. Both peacock, but one is much stronger than the other. I would say about the same as the strand you posted. Although my strands have slightly more circles than yours, but they are not tight circles (lots of grooves).

They were $1,200 and $1,350. It was the year Jeremy won the lot at Poe Rava Nui auction. Check around with others: Pearl Paradise, Museum Way Pearls, Pearls of Joy, Pure Pearls, The Pearl Outlet, thepearlexchange.com (never dealt with them).

IMG_1828small.jpg

IMG_2293-small.jpg

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Hi HHPmom thanks for the reply and photos!

You have some beautiful peacock there :love:

Do you think I should look further? or should I pull the trigger before its gone?

Is this considered a multicolor or uniform strand?

tks

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Agnesg|1309407745|2958768 said:
Hi HHPmom thanks for the reply and photos!

You have some beautiful peacock there :love:

Do you think I should look further? or should I pull the trigger before its gone?

Is this considered a multicolor or uniform strand?

tks

Thanks.

I think the strand you posted has exceptional peacock overtone. I have not seen many like it listed on most websites. Does it tug at you? Wink at you? Sometimes when I see a particular pearl, I know right away. Some people on tahiti-explorer.com refers to it as when the pearl "winks" at you. It's a matter of how much you like or love it and how much you want to pay. If you love it, then you should get it. If it strikes your fancy, don't let it go or you'll regret it because another good one may not come along for a while. Although I do think prices today are lower compared to in 2008. It is a chance you take if you buy now, thinking prices will go higher in the future. It is hard to predict.

Tahitian pearl prices are at its lowest in years. Lots of farmers are now out of business. Margo Tahitian Pearl in Oahu (I was there last week) told me that there used to be over 1800 farms in French Polynesia. There are about 400 now. Most farmers have sold their business and turn to fishing or other things because they can't make a living farming any more. It is a labor of love and lots of work and time involved to get those special pearls.

Take your time if you can wait and take a chance of another one coming along at lower prices. My friend waited 18 months for manapearl.com to match a strand and bracelet set in blue, a very rare Tahitian color.

It took Jeremy a few months to match those strands for me, even though I was one of the first few to make a request when I saw him posted pictures of the lot he won at Poe Rava Nui auction. He's very busy and it can take months to match a custom order, also dependent upon stock availability. He sent multiple pictures. We emailed back and forth. When I finally was close to approval, I wanted to see them in real life before I said yes. He sent the strands on temporary hank for me to view. It was love at first sight when I opened the box. Those strands are what I usually reach for the most when I pick something to wear.

The vendors I listed above do custom order including Mana Pearls (Japan office, contact Nicolas).

The strand you posted is a uniform strand. When some people say peacock, ask them what they mean. Some in the industry refers to green as peacock, meaning peacock green. True peacock is what pearloasis.com has, green with pink overtone and sometimes other rainbow mixed in. Peacock can also vary a lot depending on how strong the pink overtone is.

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Hi HHPmom, thanks for the heads up:) I too find it confusing as one vendor's peacock seems different from another :confused:

I went to the official site for Tahitian pearls, (perlesdetahitian.com) and refer to Richard wise connoisseur guide before realizing what a true peacock should be! I will heed your advises and buy it as it really does 'wink' at me (at least from the photos) among the other 20 strands I've seen!

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Hi there, can u pls help to find a pair of matching studs earring (7-9mm range) , strong peacock and body color like the necklace (from other vendor)? I have 2 pairs here, they does not seems to be a perfect match though..which were u choose between them ? tks

E00103.jpg

E00305.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Both pairs don't look to be strong peacock like the strand. You can always wait.

It seems that both ends of the strand have pearls that don't have strong overtone like the middle . Some seems light green or grayish, not peacock.

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Hi HHPmom, u have good eyes (the other lady in another forum point that out too, and they also mentioned that the color looks enhanced :(( Yes, the last 8 pcs are much more blemished

Btw, things are not going well, I made the purchase and I would like to add on to the length, we came to term with a price.

But the vendor hardly replies and appeared to be very busy and is obviously reluctant to work on customization..I believe that she finds me kinda bothersome with the extra request. She will probably prefer to sell and ship directly.It is disheartening though ... as this is the very first pearl project and I thought that vendors are more than happy to work on customization.

Anyway, I shall keep u guys update on the latest outcome and post some photos when I gets it. tks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results