shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this stone too large?!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Are you crazy, woman?? ;)) It looks STUNNING on your hand!!! Love it!!!! :appl: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1304903599|2915809 said:
Dreamer_D|1304893269|2915635 said:
This is the lucinda, it is basically like the vatche x-prong. The shank tapers from about 3.5mm by the stone to about 2mm between the fingers. I like a tapered cross prong like this with a slightly wider shank for a large stone because it would make me personally feel like the stone was archored to my hand and more safe and secure. There is a PSer with a rock and setting like this. Let me find the thread.

That setting is one of my favorites, the first that came to mind when I was considering this stone! I think I first saw it in the engagement ring folder, and then it was (is?) on JbEG's site. There isn't much $$ left for a setting so I won't likely look up MM for this one but I really do like the Brian Gavin one and I also like the Vatche settings.

Thank you for locating that thread!

I think that a nice x-prong from BGD, asking them to widen the shank to increase the taper, would totally do the trick! And then I will be so jealous!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Yes! It is way too large. Send it to me. :Up_to_something:
Are you kidding?! It is sooooooo gorgeous on you! :love: :love: :love: :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is a huge gorgeous diamond! But I don't think its too large, it looks great on your hand.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
No way jose! Looks perfect to me! I'll tell you what's too large, your round yellow Barry chryso and you should immediately send it to me.

This stone would look fantastic in rose gold-love the chunkiness!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way does that stone look too large!! It's pure perfection on your hand! :love:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks just right to me. Don't think you need a halo or sidestones. :lol:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
It looks stunning on your hand ! Its not too big it looks perfect ! :love: :love: :love:

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Without reading the other posts, you just said you love this stone. If you feel comfortable with the size, then no, it's not too big. I think it's just beautiful.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
"Too large" is not a concept I'm familiar with.

If you feel like you'll be able to wear it in your everyday life without worrying or feeling conspicuous, wear it and love it in good health! It's stunning.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have thought about it more, and I actually think it could be bigger. I think you should halo that puppy!

:tongue:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1304892889|2915630 said:
I don't understand the question.

:cheeky:

I 2nd this!

Now...post some more pics of that puppy :rodent:

Krae11

Rough_Rock
So gorgeous! It looks so good on your hand too! Definitle not too big UNLESS you don't feel comfortable wearing it. I sure hope you get comfortable though, because, WOW, so beautiful!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He,he,he! It's too huge for your hand...and since my size is a little bigger than yours, you should give it to me, coz i bet it would look amazing on my hand :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:
Seriously girl...this stone looks gorgeous on you :love: :love: :love: Rock it, love it and enjoy it :appl:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Shoot. I'm 4.25 too and I would wear that to the grocery store and dog groomer's. I think it looks amazing on your hand.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Not at all, it suits your hand perfectly. :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Lol, never too large on PS! It is a gorgeous stone. What about the Vatche Swan setting, I think it is beautiful?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm a size 4.25 too, so if you ever DO think it's too large, I'd gladly take it off your hands! :mrgreen: It's gorgeous!!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Yes it's too large....!!!!

Ho no... wait... it's because I'm jealous I said that! HIhihi!

This diamond fit you like a queen Sweety! Absolutely gorgeous! :love: :appl:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
When I read the title of this post I thought it was a joke. Too large?? Is there such a thing?? HAHAHA! :lol:

I think it is a gorgeous stone and looks really great on your hand! Go for it!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1304893855|2915642 said:
oh, I think it looks great! and a rose gold setting would be lovely. I think either the Grace or Elegance would be a great option :)

Thank you, sig47! I'm not a huge fan of white metals and I think rose gold would really complement the stone's color.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1304894197|2915650 said:

Neither do I.

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Thanks, rosetta! It's good to hear everyone's feedback.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farleysmom|1304894253|2915651 said:
TOO LARGE?!?!?!??!? :confused: Is there such a thing? That stone looks amazing on your hand. Come on, you KNOW you can "rock" it! :naughty: :naughty: (no pun intended LOL)

Ha ha! You're hilarious, Farleysmom! I do think I can rock it :lol: ! I hate to say it, I think part of it is just a confidence thing, combined with the fact that none of my friends upgrade their diamonds ;( .

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1304894525|2915654 said:
Would have thought that it would have been 'large' on your finger but actually, I think it looks great!

It is a beautiful stone - enjoy it!!

Thank you for the kind words, MissGotRocks!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, my, yes. I used to think it was too large on GOG's website when I looked at it. Twice a day.

I totally think you should return it.

So I can buy it.

Kidding! It's fantastically gorgeous, and in the right setting (another vote for the MM!), I think it will look stunning on you. And, I most sincerely hope you will post many, many, many pics so I can live vicariously .... :devil:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubyprincess|1304894688|2915657 said:

Oh this totally made me giggle. And I agree with Haven! :)

I know, right?!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to respond to everyone's comments, and each time I do, I discover someone else has given their 2 cents! Thank you everyone! I don't know anybody with a stone this size and to be perfectly honest, I feel a bit shy about wearing this in public. I know, I'll get over it :lol: ! When my husband first saw it, he said "That thing is huge, is there a setting you can get that will make it look smaller?"

So, a great big thank you for all the enthusiasm!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning stone! No worries about the size - it's perfect! :love:

Looking forward to seeing it set!

Cachette :))

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Moley, too large for what???? I really think that is so pretty on your hand. I too have been looking at that stone, and all the other beautiful AVC's for months now. It is so white against your hand. It is nice to see the stones "in real life" I think a simple setting set low would be perfect. Now go and and get her set so we can all be jealous! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results