Is this spread decent???

gv7

Rough_Rock
Looking at a 1.5 rectangular cushion,

7.41 length
6.26 width
4.31 depth
68.7% depth

Wondering if the face up spread is decent for a stone of this size, it seems like a lot of the 1.5's I see with similar face up size are shallower than 68.7%, more towards the 64% range. Any thoughts?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depth is fine. Can't tell you much about spread. It depends on the plot and the table (crown height). And you didn't post that information.

Performance is what you need to be shopping for though and the numbers don't tell you that at all.

So... you need to understand how to evaluate performance and work with a vendor that has that information.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Spread is fine - maybe even on the good side actually.

I don't have any precise calculations, but what I do is just multiply the length x width. This gives you 46.3 sq. mm's in potential face up size - IF it were a perfectly square stone, which cushions aren't. It could be fat or round. I don't know. If it's relatively rectangular-ish, then the approximation should be fairly good.

Ideal rounds usually have the biggest face up look, so what I do is figure out what the approximate face up size for the same weight in rounds is - to give me an idea whether the stone can at least compare, look wise, to a round of the same size. For a ideal round, 7.5 x 7.5 seems like a fair dimension. This gives you face up area of 44 sq. mm's (radius squared x (pie) or 3.75 x 3.75 x 3.14 in this case).

The optical illusion is that rounds generally present larger, but this should give you an idea.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results