shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this setting wrong for my diamond?

thk3

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I have a .76 princess cut G, VS2 expert selection from WF that you helped me pick out. I had a setting lined up at a local jeweler and just didn't like it when I went to see it. I was wondering if you guys thought this setting was to much for this size stone. My GF also likes vintage and antique looking rings so any suggestions around the 1500 - 1800 range would be greatly appreciated.

This is the setting I was talking about

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/amphora-for-princess-diamond-engagement-ring-1521.htm

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Although, from what lbbaber had mentioned before, a wedding band will not fit flush next to the Amphora setting. Does your soon to be fiance plan to wear a wedding band next to her e-ring? Check out Eternity Diamonds, they have a few princess cut halo designs like this one:

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Monique-Princess-Cut-Diamond-with-Diamond-Frame-and-Band-by-Eternity-(.43-ctw..)-154.htm

Although, I'm not sure if they will sell the setting alone. Goodluck!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
If she likes halo rings I think your stone will look great in the WF setting.

If she wants a vintage- and antique-looking ring, I have to say I just don't think this is the right setting.

Did she tell you she wants a princess cut stone, and she wants a halo?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
OCmom3xboys|1305600082|2923634 said:
http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Monique-Princess-Cut-Diamond-with-Diamond-Frame-and-Band-by-Eternity-(.43-ctw..)-154.htm

Eternity Diamonds will set your stone, I think it's a really minimal $30 to set it. If you hover over the 'Buy This Ring' link, 'Buy Ring without Center Stone' is an option.

thk3

Rough_Rock
rubybeth|1305600528|2923640 said:
OCmom3xboys|1305600082|2923634 said:

Eternity Diamonds will set your stone, I think it's a really minimal $30 to set it. If you hover over the 'Buy This Ring' link, 'Buy Ring without Center Stone' is an option.

Thanks rubybeth:

$30 seems like a great deal

do you like this setting?

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Sybill-Princess-Cut-Diamond-with-Diamond-Frame-by-Eternity-(.37-ctw..)-152.htm

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she likes antique style rings, I think Beverley K would be ideal. I do not like the setting your just linked from eternity diamonds at all. Those sharp halo corners could hurt someone!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
thk3|1305601770|2923660 said:
Haven:

She doesn't know, I have been piecing togethet information over the past couple of months. I really like this Beverly K setting but I don't know what Pearlman's will say about setting my stone. I was going to call them tommorrow. Do you like this:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/108PP1/

seems to have a more vintage look

I would definitely call Pearlman's. If she likes antique style that is a beautiful setting! Maybe see if they can set the stone a bit lower in the halo?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the Beverly K setting to the WF setting.

I think you'll actually be getting the best of both worlds with the Beverly K setting--the princess stone is a modern-looking cut, but the setting does have that beautiful antique look that she likes.

I also believe the Beverly K setting will survive the test of time better than the WF setting. I think the WF setting will look dated in several years, while the Beverly K will still look classic.

Really, though, you can't go wrong. WF creates beautiful pieces, and I imagine she is going to love whatever you give her. So go with your gut--which is more "her"?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thk3|1305601770|2923660 said:
Haven:

She doesn't know, I have been piecing togethet information over the past couple of months. I really like this Beverly K setting but I don't know what Pearlman's will say about setting my stone. I was going to call them tommorrow. Do you like this:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/108PP1/

seems to have a more vintage look

Pearlmans would most likely send the stone to Beverley K and they will set it. They (or the designer) also will insure your stone while BK is setting it which is a huge plus. BK makes quality settings for the price so if she likes antique at all then that would be the way I'd go.

ETA: if you do call Pearlmans, make sure you tell them you are a pricescoper....

slg47

Ideal_Rock
if you are really unsure, perhaps propose without a setting and then pick out the setting together?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beverly K from Pearlman's all the way.

thk3

Rough_Rock
I ordered the beverly K today. Patty at Pearlman's is the greatest, she went out of her way to call and make sure she could meet my request for delivery. I would highly recommend Pearlman's.

Here is the picture she took for me on her hand:

108pp1.png

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is fantastic service! Late to the party but wanted to confirm that Bev K is definitely the way to go.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exciting news!
Woohoooooo! :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
very exciting! I think you made an excellent choice. Please come back with pictures when it's all done!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice!!! I love it! :appl:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmmm, that's MY ring! Cool!! I didn't know that Whiteflash now puts it up on their site. It was only for rounds before. :D

Edited to add: I see you picked something else...very pretty too!! Congrats!!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1305602784|2923675 said:
If she likes antique style rings, I think Beverley K would be ideal. I do not like the setting your just linked from eternity diamonds at all. Those sharp halo corners could hurt someone!

Lol, when I had them make the princess amphora I specifically said no sharp corners---I didn't want to poke my baby boy! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results