Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this setting wrong for my diamond?

thk3

Rough_Rock
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
32
Hey everyone,

I have a .76 princess cut G, VS2 expert selection from WF that you helped me pick out. I had a setting lined up at a local jeweler and just didn't like it when I went to see it. I was wondering if you guys thought this setting was to much for this size stone. My GF also likes vintage and antique looking rings so any suggestions around the 1500 - 1800 range would be greatly appreciated.

This is the setting I was talking about

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/amphora-for-princess-diamond-engagement-ring-1521.htm
 

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
342
Although, from what lbbaber had mentioned before, a wedding band will not fit flush next to the Amphora setting. Does your soon to be fiance plan to wear a wedding band next to her e-ring? Check out Eternity Diamonds, they have a few princess cut halo designs like this one:

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Monique-Princess-Cut-Diamond-with-Diamond-Frame-and-Band-by-Eternity-(.43-ctw..)-154.htm

Although, I'm not sure if they will sell the setting alone. Goodluck!
 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,166
If she likes halo rings I think your stone will look great in the WF setting.

If she wants a vintage- and antique-looking ring, I have to say I just don't think this is the right setting.

Did she tell you she wants a princess cut stone, and she wants a halo?
 

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 12, 2007
Messages
2,567
OCmom3xboys|1305600082|2923634 said:
http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Monique-Princess-Cut-Diamond-with-Diamond-Frame-and-Band-by-Eternity-(.43-ctw..)-154.htm

Although, I'm not sure if they will sell the setting alone. Goodluck!
Eternity Diamonds will set your stone, I think it's a really minimal $30 to set it. If you hover over the 'Buy This Ring' link, 'Buy Ring without Center Stone' is an option.
 

thk3

Rough_Rock
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
32
rubybeth|1305600528|2923640 said:
OCmom3xboys|1305600082|2923634 said:
http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Monique-Princess-Cut-Diamond-with-Diamond-Frame-and-Band-by-Eternity-(.43-ctw..)-154.htm

Although, I'm not sure if they will sell the setting alone. Goodluck!
Eternity Diamonds will set your stone, I think it's a really minimal $30 to set it. If you hover over the 'Buy This Ring' link, 'Buy Ring without Center Stone' is an option.
Thanks rubybeth:

$30 seems like a great deal

do you like this setting?

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Sybill-Princess-Cut-Diamond-with-Diamond-Frame-by-Eternity-(.37-ctw..)-152.htm
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
56,152
If she likes antique style rings, I think Beverley K would be ideal. I do not like the setting your just linked from eternity diamonds at all. Those sharp halo corners could hurt someone!
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
thk3|1305601770|2923660 said:
Haven:

She doesn't know, I have been piecing togethet information over the past couple of months. I really like this Beverly K setting but I don't know what Pearlman's will say about setting my stone. I was going to call them tommorrow. Do you like this:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/108PP1/

seems to have a more vintage look
I would definitely call Pearlman's. If she likes antique style that is a beautiful setting! Maybe see if they can set the stone a bit lower in the halo?
 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,166
I much prefer the Beverly K setting to the WF setting.

I think you'll actually be getting the best of both worlds with the Beverly K setting--the princess stone is a modern-looking cut, but the setting does have that beautiful antique look that she likes.

I also believe the Beverly K setting will survive the test of time better than the WF setting. I think the WF setting will look dated in several years, while the Beverly K will still look classic.

Really, though, you can't go wrong. WF creates beautiful pieces, and I imagine she is going to love whatever you give her. So go with your gut--which is more "her"?
 

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
19,132
thk3|1305601770|2923660 said:
Haven:

She doesn't know, I have been piecing togethet information over the past couple of months. I really like this Beverly K setting but I don't know what Pearlman's will say about setting my stone. I was going to call them tommorrow. Do you like this:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/108PP1/

seems to have a more vintage look
Pearlmans would most likely send the stone to Beverley K and they will set it. They (or the designer) also will insure your stone while BK is setting it which is a huge plus. BK makes quality settings for the price so if she likes antique at all then that would be the way I'd go.

ETA: if you do call Pearlmans, make sure you tell them you are a pricescoper....
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
if you are really unsure, perhaps propose without a setting and then pick out the setting together?
 

thk3

Rough_Rock
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
32
I ordered the beverly K today. Patty at Pearlman's is the greatest, she went out of her way to call and make sure she could meet my request for delivery. I would highly recommend Pearlman's.

Here is the picture she took for me on her hand:

108pp1.png
 

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
174
Wow that is fantastic service! Late to the party but wanted to confirm that Bev K is definitely the way to go.
 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,166
Exciting news!
Woohoooooo! :appl:
 

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
19,132
very exciting! I think you made an excellent choice. Please come back with pictures when it's all done!!
 

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2011
Messages
691
Hmmmmm, that's MY ring! Cool!! I didn't know that Whiteflash now puts it up on their site. It was only for rounds before. :D


Edited to add: I see you picked something else...very pretty too!! Congrats!!
 

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2011
Messages
691
diamondseeker2006|1305602784|2923675 said:
If she likes antique style rings, I think Beverley K would be ideal. I do not like the setting your just linked from eternity diamonds at all. Those sharp halo corners could hurt someone!
Lol, when I had them make the princess amphora I specifically said no sharp corners---I didn't want to poke my baby boy! :D
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Scorpio Style
    Scorpio Style
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top