shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this price for emerald reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, I am looking for a emerald that big and cheap.. I found an estate piece.. It is about 3 carat, natural Colombian emerald. Asking price is $300.. Does this sound reasonable?

emerald001.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
One more pic..

emerald002.JPG

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're keeping the setting, I could see a reason to buy it.

Stone doesn't do anything for me.

But if you plan to reset it, I'd look for something different.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I am actually planning to keep the setting too.. I love how it has a vintage feel to it, however I dun know if I should be paying $300 for the whole ring.. Is this a good deal?

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
If they have a good return policy I would go for it. The center looks a little dull to me but it could be the photos.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
if thats vintage ill eat it.

The setting is crap grade 80s. real stone maybe maybe not, good quality.. not

Iv got a ring just like it around here some place if it didnt get lost.

$300? no way by about 10x.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 3:22:23 AM
Author: strmrdr
if thats vintage ill eat it.

The setting is crap grade 80s. real stone maybe maybe not, good quality.. not

Iv got a ring just like it around here some place if it didnt get lost.

$300? no way by about 10x.

Yah, I think the stone is not that good a quality because of the price, but so long its big.
9.gif

Any pics of your ring, strmrdr? I would love to see it..

Another question, I noticed that this emerald looks blueish-green. Is this normal for an emerald?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I can find it I will take some pics but my arm isn''t up to digging for it (recovering from elbow surgery) but its identical to that one.
The blue-green is the lowest grade if its real.
As clean as it is I doubt it.
I don''t remember what I paid for the one Iv got here but it wasn''t much because I was in high school when I bought it for my mom.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/17/2007 2:12:42 AM
Author:threepwood
Hi there, I am looking for a emerald that big and cheap.. I found an estate piece.. It is about 3 carat, natural Colombian emerald. Asking price is $300.. Does this sound reasonable?
Something looks not right to me with the prongs..., thay should be on the corner!!!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
yes, I noticed that too.. Sigh~ Thanks guys for the comments.. At least I know what I should do now..

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
No offense, but BLECK! The problem with this is that it LOOKS big and cheap. Is that what you want?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, but that is one seriously horrible stone.
14.gif

It''s a poor colour, looks mega-included in a cheap looking setting. Personally I won''t pay $30 for it.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Thank goodness for PS, I wouldnt know what I would do without you guys.. I dun know what I was thinking bout.. I was soo tempted to buy this ring because it was big.. I guess $300 is not really worth it if it looks cheap..
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results