shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this price for emerald reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, I am looking for a emerald that big and cheap.. I found an estate piece.. It is about 3 carat, natural Colombian emerald. Asking price is $300.. Does this sound reasonable?

emerald001.JPG

One more pic..

emerald002.JPG

If you're keeping the setting, I could see a reason to buy it.

Stone doesn't do anything for me.

But if you plan to reset it, I'd look for something different.

I am actually planning to keep the setting too.. I love how it has a vintage feel to it, however I dun know if I should be paying $300 for the whole ring.. Is this a good deal?

If they have a good return policy I would go for it. The center looks a little dull to me but it could be the photos.

if thats vintage ill eat it.

The setting is crap grade 80s. real stone maybe maybe not, good quality.. not

Iv got a ring just like it around here some place if it didnt get lost.

$300? no way by about 10x.

Date: 1/17/2007 3:22:23 AM
Author: strmrdr
if thats vintage ill eat it.

The setting is crap grade 80s. real stone maybe maybe not, good quality.. not

Iv got a ring just like it around here some place if it didnt get lost.

$300? no way by about 10x.

Yah, I think the stone is not that good a quality because of the price, but so long its big.
9.gif

Any pics of your ring, strmrdr? I would love to see it..

Another question, I noticed that this emerald looks blueish-green. Is this normal for an emerald?

If I can find it I will take some pics but my arm isn''t up to digging for it (recovering from elbow surgery) but its identical to that one.
The blue-green is the lowest grade if its real.
As clean as it is I doubt it.
I don''t remember what I paid for the one Iv got here but it wasn''t much because I was in high school when I bought it for my mom.

Date: 1/17/2007 2:12:42 AM
Author:threepwood
Hi there, I am looking for a emerald that big and cheap.. I found an estate piece.. It is about 3 carat, natural Colombian emerald. Asking price is $300.. Does this sound reasonable?
Something looks not right to me with the prongs..., thay should be on the corner!!!

yes, I noticed that too.. Sigh~ Thanks guys for the comments.. At least I know what I should do now..

No offense, but BLECK! The problem with this is that it LOOKS big and cheap. Is that what you want?

Sorry, but that is one seriously horrible stone.
14.gif

It''s a poor colour, looks mega-included in a cheap looking setting. Personally I won''t pay $30 for it.

Thank goodness for PS, I wouldnt know what I would do without you guys.. I dun know what I was thinking bout.. I was soo tempted to buy this ring because it was big.. I guess $300 is not really worth it if it looks cheap..
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP