shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this news to anyone? Tiffany''s not using GIA anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ohboiya

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

First time posting but have been reading for over a month now.

I tried using the search feature but it doesn''t work the way it says it should be working ... weird.

Anyhow ... I live in Toronto but will be travelling to Beverly Hills for work. I called the Tiffany & Co. in town and spent some time talking to a sales consultant who indicated that Tiffany does not use the GIA grading system. Is this old news? They have their own reports which they assert is much more demanding than any other grading system in the world.

I went to the Toronto store today to discuss this further and a gemologist there also indicated that Tiffany is ISO registered ... that''s impressive but I assumed all other grading systems / standards were. Any insight into this?

This is all in preparation for my purchase of an e-ring for the love of my life. Appreciate everything I''ve garnered from this site over the last month!!

Ciao!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes this is old news...you can search Tiffany and GIA and come up with the information you need, the search tool sometimes just needs a bit of finessing. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results