shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this leakage - trying to learn about my OMC/OEC

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sprang my diamond out of safe-jail to admire it a bit, search out inspiration in it that speaks to me for setting ideas (I waffle on this soooo much), and just trying to learn more about it. Before you reply, please know I love this diamond and I am not going to be put off if someone has a "less-than-ideal" opinion of it, so don't worry about offending me. ;-) I just want to learn about what I have so I can better understand what my eyes see.

In this video - **edited by moderator, no videos per our policies and for everyone's privacy**- between the pavilion facets- I see what look like mirrors behind/between the petals. Is that light leakage? Just typical reflections within the diamond's pavilion? There is mixed lighting in the room I took this video, and the diamond is an M so it has some body color (though it faces up pretty white to me for an M). But the "mirrors" I see kind of look gold-ish, like its reflecting its body color maybe?

Leakage/mirrors aside, what else do your eyes see when you look at it so I can understand my diamond better. I know it's a late OMC/early OEC, is an M, has a culet, and is 1.52ct. Beyond that, I am not really well versed enough to know/ explain its characteristics. I bought it about a year ago to have some small piece of sparkly history to call my own because these beauties have so much unique character. :love:

Thanks much, in advance, for helping me learn! :wavey:

_396.jpeg

_397.jpeg

_398.jpeg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Is this leakage - trying to learn about my OMC/OMC

Crud - I thought I was posting this in RT. :wall:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you PS admin for moving this thread to RT. :)

I took two more videos of it this morning in better lighting (and cleaned it to try and remove any fingerprints) in hopes the faceting is more clear to see if it is leakage or just crown facet reflections in the pavilion that I was seeing.

**edited by moderator, no videos per our policies and for everyone's privacy**

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No, that's not leakage. That's reflection. In a dark room in the evening, it is reflecting darkish colors, like gold. The only leakage is through the culet. That's a beautiful diamond. :)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1443192094|3931675 said:
No, that's not leakage. That's reflection. In a dark room in the evening, it is reflecting darkish colors, like gold. The only leakage is through the culet. That's a beautiful diamond. :)

Thank you ... for the answer and the compliment. :wavey:

I haven't had it cert'd yet but came with a reliable appraisal and was viewed locally by another reliable jeweler. Being an old cut, would it be better to go to GIA or AGS if I wanted a cert? Is one "better" for older diamond certs?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results