shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this halo safe for a pear

Q

Queenie60

from the side angle looks like there's a point protector however when you look at the face up position, looks as though there's not a point protector. I would want a point protector. I have a halo around my pear and there is a point protector.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I do also see a point protector at the tip. If that were the only reason to go custom, I would not do it. At least with the setting from JA, you can return it if you don't like it. Beautiful setting though and I love the pear halo look! Good luck to him!!

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both- I couldn't tell if it had the protector or not- in some angles it looked like yes and in others it looked like no. I will just have him clarify with JA. Many thanks!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The "sample" setting seems to have a point protector, but when you look at the 360's of actual rings made, the points look pretty bare. Which is too bad, because it's a lovely setting other than that!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That point protector looks pretty skimpy. Sad cause it is a really pretty setting. Have your brother check with JA on the cost of adding a better tip (I like the pointy point protectors..LOL). I think the charge for altering a setting is about $150? I don't think its much more. If your brother likes the setting, he'll save a lot of money just having the tip changed as opposed to going custom.

Judy

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
100% there is a point protector in the main sample pic but none in any of the purchased rings - I have said it before on this site all of JA sample pictures of settings look amazing quality but when you look at the customers rings the quality dips low

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results