shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this halo safe for a pear

Queenie60

Ideal_Rock
Premium
from the side angle looks like there's a point protector however when you look at the face up position, looks as though there's not a point protector. I would want a point protector. I have a halo around my pear and there is a point protector.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I do also see a point protector at the tip. If that were the only reason to go custom, I would not do it. At least with the setting from JA, you can return it if you don't like it. Beautiful setting though and I love the pear halo look! Good luck to him!!

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both- I couldn't tell if it had the protector or not- in some angles it looked like yes and in others it looked like no. I will just have him clarify with JA. Many thanks!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The "sample" setting seems to have a point protector, but when you look at the 360's of actual rings made, the points look pretty bare. Which is too bad, because it's a lovely setting other than that!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That point protector looks pretty skimpy. Sad cause it is a really pretty setting. Have your brother check with JA on the cost of adding a better tip (I like the pointy point protectors..LOL). I think the charge for altering a setting is about $150? I don't think its much more. If your brother likes the setting, he'll save a lot of money just having the tip changed as opposed to going custom.

Judy

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
100% there is a point protector in the main sample pic but none in any of the purchased rings - I have said it before on this site all of JA sample pictures of settings look amazing quality but when you look at the customers rings the quality dips low

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.