shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this gift too extravagant?!

Procyon lotor

Rough_Rock
A friend of mine gifted me several sets of pearl earrings she inherited from her grandmother. I know very little about pearls, but I've looked at these under a microscope and they have tiny wavy lines on the surface, so I believe these are all real (they also feel cold when first held, seem heavy for their size, and are not perfectly symmetrical). I have no idea if they are dyed or treated. Most of the posts are 925 silver. These were all purchased in Hawaii.

My friend inherited a large amount of stuff and is a bit overwhelmed just trying to get rid of things. I did let her know that if she ever changes her mind, I would gladly return any or all of these. If the collection is worth a few hundred dollars, that's fine, but if these are actually quite valuable I wouldn't feel right accepting this gift.

I would love to hear your input, thank you!

Pearls.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These aren't expensive or worth much, so I wouldn't worry about it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine gifted me several sets of pearl earrings she inherited from her grandmother. I know very little about pearls, but I've looked at these under a microscope and they have tiny wavy lines on the surface, so I believe these are all real (they also feel cold when first held, seem heavy for their size, and are not perfectly symmetrical). I have no idea if they are dyed or treated. Most of the posts are 925 silver. These were all purchased in Hawaii.

My friend inherited a large amount of stuff and is a bit overwhelmed just trying to get rid of things. I did let her know that if she ever changes her mind, I would gladly return any or all of these. If the collection is worth a few hundred dollars, that's fine, but if these are actually quite valuable I wouldn't feel right accepting this gift.

I would love to hear your input, thank you!

Pearls.jpg

thats very kind of your friend
enjoy them for her mother and have lots of fun with them
regardless of the value if you love them keep them

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the replies! I think usually people come here hoping they have something of great monetary value, but I'm relieved that I don't have to feel guilty about keeping them.

now get wearing them and post ear shots in one of the pearl threads :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results