shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this Edwina's twin? Need your opinions, fast!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Hello friends,

Many of you know I've been searching for a match (-ish) for Edwina for several years. I might have found one. I have asked for ZOOMED pics, but this is what i have to go by, right now.

1.05 K/SI1
6.13-6.29x4.13 mm
$2950

Instagram sellers scare me. But here's a stone from jewelsbywhitney's page:

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP!

Video:

254729628_1186731045069832_7809818264541768092_n.jpg

For reference, this is Edwina's report: edwina GIA.png

Last edited:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I say yes because its very close in measurements but old cuts are tricky. Does she have a return window? Can you buy it so you can have eyes on it?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I like that one the best out of the three stones.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I say yes because its very close in measurements but old cuts are tricky. Does she have a return window? Can you buy it so you can have eyes on it?

She's been asked for zoomed in shots and responded that she will send them today - I'll add here as soon as I get them, as well as a zoomed in pic of Edwina to compare facet style.

I'll ask about return policy if they are a good enough match.
:)

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
All of those are gorgeous! If you think it’s a good match, jump on it!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Well, we have 3 possible scenarios going:

1) she's busy and hasn't had time to take a zoomed-in photo yet
2) me asking for a zoomed-in pic offended her
3) stone is already sold

I'm hoping scenario 1 is the case. Will update.

Last edited:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
0.jpg
0.jpg
(Above is Edwina - not great photos but best I could find in iCloud.)

Below are the seller's photos - she seems very nice. I wish these were better photos, so that I could see if the facet style matches Edwina. But it might be a match. I'm inclined to take a chance, as long as there's a reasonable return policy. Anyone have thoughts on the price of $2950 or whether I should have any concerns? The GIA report mentions a crystal and cloud. But I can't see them here. Should I worry?

twin 1.jpg twin 2.jpg

twin 3.jpg

Last edited:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Is the report date (June 8, 2020) anything I should be concerned about?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
her photos are never the best, but from what I see, it's a pretty good match. Hard to tell about the color from the photos. As far as the report, I'd only worry if the stone had been set after the report, and then was unset, so as to make sure it wasn't damaged. If there is a decent return policy, you have a good eye and can probably spot damage, so I'd definitely go for it.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I'm proceeding with this. My heart is in my stomach. I'm dying. In agony. Will it be a match? Will I finally have diamond dormeuses? Or will my dreams be dashed upon the rocks (literally).

Eek.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo Exciting!!! Please come back when you are reincarnated to show us pictures of Eddie Jr. ;-)

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I'm struggling, friends.

1) I can see the difference in tint.
2) There's a crystal right under the table
3) Facet pattern is similar but not a close match.

Here are the photos. This was (for me) a **huge** expenditure and it needs to be worth it. I cannot trust my own mind due to the fear of making a mistake. The question isn't whether it is a good stone - I think it is. The question is, and has always been, is it a match - and I don't think it is close enough.

Please don't be gentle with your opinions now. Tell me exactly what you think, no matter what. I have a short window to make this decision.

AE12F1EC-3191-45A8-BC2D-FB9648A6DCD5.jpeg 1D143633-857D-4606-B5DC-19D2255D130C.jpeg 4D94EB3E-6EB0-48A5-9DEE-D5519A1B0B69.jpeg 6591E3BF-BAFC-4474-BD24-CAB53D029563.jpeg 413EACF7-741D-4270-953A-6F934E04FCA8.jpeg BBB2B4CD-D76D-4238-851D-6D5D41FCD60A.jpeg 556A0D48-F160-4139-B2EA-F436AD19EF8F.jpeg

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a super harsh judge, especially with old cuts. 'A' half or shade isn't a big deal to me. I go for more overall feel.
Are we looking for hue exact? Because if we're putting Marjorie in between pattern wise, they are harmonious and the new is a hue match to Marjorie. Edwina is showing a little more color, but I can see a reflection in her facets that looks brown and that may be where it's coming from! I can't tell! Face down they look very close and in the twin shot very close. How do they look outside or in the hand?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
This is a close enough match for me for earrings. The new stone actually looks less warmer than the one you want to match it with to my eye in the photos. But, it sounds like you aren't happy and that's what matters. In earrings, you are never going to see the slight difference between your head and I don't say that to be harsh. At the end, it has to be you that is happy and if you are not pleased now with the match, you never will be.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is a close enough match for me for earrings. The new stone actually looks less warmer than the one you want to match it with to my eye in the photos. But, it sounds like you aren't happy and that's what matters. In earrings, you are never going to see the slight difference between your head and I don't say that to be harsh. At the end, it has to be you that is happy and if you are not pleased now with the match, you never will be.

Ditto all of this. My little old cut studs actually look quite different up close (one isn’t even round) and I would never know if I didn’t have them in hand. There is a slight difference in tint too.

I do like this pair and find the slight discrepancy representative of some of the charm of old cuts - but if it’s bothering you now that feeling might not go away

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since your initial gut feeling is not positive
Let it go.
it’s better to be patient to wait for the next possible match rather than deal with possible purchase regrets and what if’s?

(if you think the table % difference between the two is another thing throwing you off - now you can know that the difference between these two was too much)

edited to add:
B3BD14F8-E9D2-40FA-8446-9C3B9566F207.jpeg
I would enjoy the hell out of these as a match for earrings.
(obviously it’s a cut and paste job from your pictures. )
And it’s coming from someone who didn’t really obsess over matching OEC three stone ring. Obsess about other setting details :love:

Last edited:

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
In the first, third, and fourth pictures especially I think they look like a complementary pair. The new stone is a touch brighter in tone than Edwina. If complementing one another isn't enough and you want two stones that match -- I think I would wait for another one. (Note: I'm a male who doesn't wear earrings. ::))

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another one who thinks they are a good match. Obviously there are levels of tolerance but I think you could be waiting years for a better one.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look good to me!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement, as well as your honest opinions. I'll update shortly.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look good together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results