shape
carat
color
clarity

Is This Diamond Worth $2550? Or Am I Getting Ripped Off?

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree. A bit of light leakage and some assymetry. Could be better but still should be a very nice looking stone.

HyBoNiX

Rough_Rock
I agree. A bit of light leakage and some assymetry. Could be better but still should be a very nice looking stone.

I think the IS looks good. But yeah, I am worried about the light leakage and seeing IS from White Flash or Brian Gavin makes this pale in comparison. I love the diamond, but do you think the juice is worth the squeeze?

Sparkly2017

Rough_Rock
@HyBoNiX Do think this will still be a nice looking stone but if you are looking for no light leakage and asymmetry then you'll get what you pay for by going with Victor Canera Ideal Hearts, Brian Gavin, WF ACA (watch out for uneven hearts in some of theirs too tbh) or Crafted by Infiity.

You may need to drop color or clarity to make up for the cut upgrade.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a very nicely cut stone and should be a wonderful performer - and a "true D" is going to be icy white. And a VS1 is going to be mind clean.

Keep this stone for your proposal. There are always bigger stones or better cut stones, but unless you drop your color/clarity, you'll have to up your budget.

The good news is that you CAN upgrade with JA (for an anniversary or something), keeping in mind that you must trade in your JA stone toward a new one selling for double the price (or more).

O cannot wait to see pics of this ring!! It's going to be a beauty! Congrats, all your hard work will payoff.

HyBoNiX

Rough_Rock
It is a very nicely cut stone and should be a wonderful performer - and a "true D" is going to be icy white. And a VS1 is going to be mind clean.

Keep this stone for your proposal. There are always bigger stones or better cut stones, but unless you drop your color/clarity, you'll have to up your budget.

The good news is that you CAN upgrade with JA (for an anniversary or something), keeping in mind that you must trade in your JA stone toward a new one selling for double the price (or more).

O cannot wait to see pics of this ring!! It's going to be a beauty! Congrats, all your hard work will payoff.

I am 100% on the same page as you. I am going to stick with this Diamond b/c I love it! It may not have the perfect Ideal Scope, but it's the one I fell in love with and the forums helped me pick it out. It's got a personal attachment to me now and it was a great deal money wise for the color/size/and has the perfect proportions. All in all, I am very happy with the purchase and I will make sure to post pictures when the final ring comes. Expected date to ship from JA is October 4th.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results