shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond good for the price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wholagan

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm new to this board and was actually referred to this site from my soon to be fiance. =) I was tryinig to feel her out to see what diamond shes expecting...you know asking the 4c's in a way just to pretend I'm looking for info and she just told me go to this site and I would learn everything from here. Recently on my search I stumbled upon a diamond that I would like to purchase and would appreciate it if anyone would tell me if I'm getting a good deal and good diamond.

Specs:

Round
weight : 1.76ct.
Clarity : VS2
Color : F
Polish : Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Depth : 63%
Table : 59%
Crown Height : 16%
Pavilion : 43%
Cutlet : none
Griddle Thickness: Medium, Faceted
Flouresence : None

Price: $10,000 Certified EGL

Is this a good deal or should I pass up on it? It is well in my price range. Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi!

First, to avoid a sitiation we just had recently, you're not using a name she'll recognize should she snoop on here, are you?!
2.gif

Second, good for you for listening to her!
36.gif

Third, I'll refer you to this thread, which should help.
28.gif

If you do a price search on these specs from a strict lab, you're looking at 16000.00-18000. ish.

Lastly, stick with GIA and AGS graded stones. And you could easily knock the color down to G, and clarity to SI1.
2.gif

Reading the tutorial here wouldn't hurt either.
5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto...and make that GIA Excellent or AGS 0 (ideal). Use this search tool and put in Excellent-Excellent for cut and GIA and AGS for labs and you''ll come up with some good examples.

https://www.pricescope.com/sift.aspx

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 7:56:26 PM
Author: Ellen
Hi!

First, to avoid a sitiation we just had recently, you''re not using a name she''ll recognize should she snoop on here, are you?!
2.gif
Looks fascinating. Can someone link me?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 12:22:58 AM
Author: Gypsy
Looks fascinating. Can someone link me?
lol Gawker.
9.gif

Actually, I can''t, or rather won''t link it. A guy came on here using a nic he uses on other boards, and his girl knows the name. His girl also comes on here. After making 2 threads, and posting pics, he realized he should have used another nic. He did contact Admin, and the name was changed, but one post still has the old nic in it. So I don''t want to risk her seeing it, if she''s snooping. The ring is far too fantastic to have the surprise spoiled.
2.gif

wholagan

Rough_Rock
Ellen/Diamondseeker - Thank yuo both for your help. And also that linked helped alot. I ended up purchasing a diamond through bluenile. Paid a little more and I am so glad I did!! =) I will post pictures up soon.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great!!! We will look forward to seeing the pictures!

wholagan

Rough_Rock
Here are the pictures of my diamond in a A. Jaffe setting

Diamond:

Round
Weight : 1.70ct.
Clarity : VS2
Color : G
Polish : Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Depth : 62.8%
Table : 54%
Crown Angle : 35.5
Pavilion Angle : 40.6
Measurements : 7.59x7.64x4.78mm
Cutlet : none
Griddle Thickness: Medium to slightly thick, Faceted
Flouresence : None
Certified GIA

MyDiamond1.jpg

wholagan

Rough_Rock
And plenty more =)...

MyDiamond6.jpg

wholagan

Rough_Rock
Another...

MyDiamond4.jpg

wholagan

Rough_Rock
Last one...

MyDiamond5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results