shape
carat
color
clarity

good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! First post!

My boyfriend made it clear he doesn''t trust himself to pick out an engagement ring for me, so he told me to find what I want and point him in the right direction. I don''t really wear jewelry and everything I know about diamonds I''ve learned from you wonderful ladies in the past week
1.gif

Everything I''ve read here says it''s easier to find a good deal online, so I''ve been searching and I found a diamond I think is a good price with good quality - but I wanted to bring my find to the experts and see if you all agree!

Also, has anyone bought anything from gemnation.com? If so, how was the customer service, quality, etc? One of the other stones I''m looking at is from that website.

I''ve picked out the plainest setting I could find (as I said, I don''t wear jewelry and I wanted something simple and classic) - it''s a white gold 6-prong tiffany style single solitaire.

Please give me your thoughts!
Price: $6,440.00
Shape: Round
Cut: Ideal
Carat: 1.54
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Cert: EGL
Depth: 61.8 %
Table: 58.0 %
Girdle: -
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.35X7.40X4.56 mm

Thanks for any and all input!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Liarfby,

Welcome to Pricescope.

A few thoughts...

- do a search for gemnation here...there''s a good number of posts; probably they''re fine
- also, probably they''re not special, where some of the advertising vendors are here.
- notes below my signature suggests consider shopping on-line with consideration of strategy A & B...in house & non-in-house options. From the face of it, gemnation may only have virtual, non-inhouse options.
- quick review shows no certs, but cert numbers, requiring you to do more work that you''d like, but you could do to research these
- unless you know it''s EGL USA...I''d recommend staying away from EGL, and sticking with either GIA or AGS
- one option like this one might mediate towards what you''re looking for...just above your stated budget, just below your selected size & color. Just an idea for the sort of on-line option you could do well with, and get quality goods.

Regards, and good wishes,

find45di2

Shiny_Rock
Be sure to post the Pavilion and Crown angle information with the diamond specs so people can help better understand the diamonds details. For a 1.53ct the price sounds rather low.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 12:19:05 AM
Author: find45di2
Be sure to post the Pavilion and Crown angle information with the diamond specs so people can help better understand the diamonds details. For a 1.53ct the price sounds rather low.
Yes. Most likely due to grading report, and possible soft grading.

liaer, I would suggest one of these. They will be smaller, but they are graded by strict labs, and they'll be gorgeous (no worries!). They are also from reputable vendors (never heard of gemnation), with lifetime upgrade policies if that is of interest to you.

Of course, with any SI1, need to ask if eyeclean. Bankwire price is listed below regular price at bottom of info.

I threw some J's in the mix, not sure if you're ok with that. And tried to stick to your budget.

http://204.17.89.15/diamond/3467/

http://204.17.89.15/diamond/3044/

2% PS discount from this company on these.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-358375.htm#

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-183726.htm#

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is why I love this website - I had no idea there was a difference in certifications.
Thanks!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the stone suggestions!
I''m not really set on the ct weight, I just saw that one and thought it seemed too good to be true. Turns out I was right!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results