shape
carat
color
clarity

is this cushion worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nycab

Rough_Rock
Im shopping for an engagement ring in NYC and came across a fabulous cushion cut ring. 1.71 G, VS1, depth 55.4 table 60, extra thick girdle, no culet, good polish good symmetry, 7.72x6.91, no florecence. $10900. Should I really be concerned with the depth and the extra thick girdle on this ring. Does depth have a big influence on the cushion style when it comes to brilliance and fire?
Thank you!
34.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know a lot about cushions, but 55% depth seems to be very shallow.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Extremely thick girdle means that if it had a regular medium girdle, the depth would be in the low 50s. Sounds a little scary.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 8:15:47 PM
Author:nycab
Im shopping for an engagement ring in NYC and came across a fabulous cushion cut ring. 1.71 G, VS1, depth 55.4 table 60, extra thick girdle, no culet, good polish good symmetry, 7.72x6.91, no florecence. $10900. Should I really be concerned with the depth and the extra thick girdle on this ring. Does depth have a big influence on the cushion style when it comes to brilliance and fire?
Thank you!
34.gif
This is a stone that HAS to be seen.

The crown of a cushion is important too. Commonly the girdles on cushions are extremely thick. You really need to know the pavilion depth, the girdle thickness, and the crown height, in order to even take an educated GUESS, at how this stone will perform.

There are some shallow stones that do look exceptionally nice, but that is the exception, rather than the normal expectation or results.

Rockdoc

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2007 8:15:47 PM
Author:nycab
Thank you!
34.gif
You say it''s fabulous -- have YOU seen it?

With a table larger than the depth you may loose sparkle. I and most other girls want sparkle. Also like the others have said it is shallow. And the spread is smaller than I would like for that weight. The girdle must be quite thick. And the good / good bothers me. BUT all that negativity aside you should look at it and compare it to other cushions. If it''s the first cushion you''ve seen you will need to compare it to other cushions to know how beautiful this cut can be.

Have fun shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results