shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this an original Van Craeynest ring?

S

SallyB

I just came across this vendor’s blog from 2 weeks ago, so this might have sold. To my untrained eye it looks like a VC but they don’t specify and the price they were/are asking seems kind of low. Thoughts?

VC or copy?:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask for pictures of the inside of the band to check for hallmarks. It's looks VC to me but I'm no expert.

S

SallyB

I would ask for pictures of the inside of the band to check for hallmarks. It's looks VC to me but I'm no expert.

Thanks @YadaYadaYada.

This is more of a curiosity thing for me because I highly doubt it’s my size and I wouldn’t risk resizing it. I’m also not really looking for a solitaire right now. It sure is pretty though.

If I had to guess I’d say it’s one of the newer VC pieces. It looks similar to a new setting that I saw listed on the VC site for $12,000+o_O

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See, I am a very curious person, so I would ask for a pic of the inside anyways just to satisfy my curiosity.

FYI about the sizing, a PS'er successfully got s ring resized by VC that she purchased here in Pre-loved. So if you do happen to find your dream VC piece just know it is possible to resize these, and they do a great job. I wouldn't let anyone other than them touch it though :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooooo I may or may not have just bought this ring. Oooops! @SallyB I saw you weren't seriously considering it and I am head over heels in love. I hope that's ok and I didnt snatch it from under you.

I've been searching for a VC piece for literally years (ever since Neil or maybe someone else posted about finding one on ebay preloved). I think its authentic (they sent me a pic of the stamp), but even if it isn't it's a darn good look alike, and the style is what I love.

I recently got to tour the factory in Redlands and it made me even more determined to one day own a piece, but they are always very far out of budget. Happily this one was already almost my size (I need a 7 and it is a 6), but they are sizing and shipping to me!

Eeeeeeeeek I cant wait and won't quite believe this is real until I see the piece IRL!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay @lovedogs and I remember Neil's find, it was a matched set she happened to stumble upon on EBay.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay @lovedogs and I remember Neil's find, it was a matched set she happened to stumble upon on EBay.

Yes! It was lovely. I've had an ebay alert since I saw her post haha.

I loved this set but it has long since sold on lang, and of course didnt see it until after it sold.

Screenshot_20200316-155420_Chrome.jpg

Suffice to say I've been stalking VC pieces for a long time now!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs the Langs set is amazing, so is yours, I'm so excited for you. I'm always poking around on EBay thinking I will come across a hidden VC piece.

I actually did find one last year on Etsy, it was a band with diamonds but it was extremely worn and all the detail was gone, it did have the VC hallmark on the inside. It seemed pointless to buy a VC piece that had none of the iconic detail.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs the Langs set is amazing, so is yours, I'm so excited for you. I'm always poking around on EBay thinking I will come across a hidden VC piece.

I actually did find one last year on Etsy, it was a band with diamonds but it was extremely worn and all the detail was gone, it did have the VC hallmark on the inside. It seemed pointless to buy a VC piece that had none of the iconic detail.

Exactly! It's all about the details in these pieces. Eeeeek I cant wait to see it IRL! they are overnighting it to me after its sized (which they might be able to do today bc they have an onsite bench and are able to work in their part of the state).

S

SallyB

Soooooo I may or may not have just bought this ring. Oooops! @SallyB I saw you weren't seriously considering it and I am head over heels in love. I hope that's ok and I didnt snatch it from under you.

I've been searching for a VC piece for literally years (ever since Neil or maybe someone else posted about finding one on ebay preloved). I think its authentic (they sent me a pic of the stamp), but even if it isn't it's a darn good look alike, and the style is what I love.

I recently got to tour the factory in Redlands and it made me even more determined to one day own a piece, but they are always very far out of budget. Happily this one was already almost my size (I need a 7 and it is a 6), but they are sizing and shipping to me!

Eeeeeeeeek I cant wait and won't quite believe this is real until I see the piece IRL!

I’m soooo happy for you @lovedogs! I just knew it wasn’t going to be close to my size (8.5-9.0) and as I said I’m not really looking for a solitaire now. I’m really glad a a PSer got it, and someone who has been looking for a VC!

Enjoy it and post lots of pics!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god. OH. MY. GOD!
Kitchen light pics bc I was too excited to wait for nicer ones.

20200523_112742.jpg 20200523_112740.jpg 20200523_112738.jpg 20200523_112744.jpg 20200523_112743.jpg 20200523_112726.jpg

Hallmark looks authentic, but it's hard to make my crappy phone camera focus on something so small. Best attempts:
20200523_112951.jpg 20200523_113046.jpg

I am about 99% sure it's this one, which I inquired about but quickly realized I couldnt afford it new.

Screenshot_20200523-114733_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200523-114728_Instagram.jpg

S

SallyB

OMG it looks gorgeous on you, @lovedogs! :kiss2:

I thought it was the 1020, too. And that looks like the VC hallmark!

Enjoy!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG it looks gorgeous on you, @lovedogs! :kiss2:

I thought it was the 1020, too. And that looks like the VC hallmark!

Enjoy!

Thank you for posting about it!!! Seriously I owe you big time. I still feel like pinching myself. No clue how this could be mine!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! This is so beautiful and how exciting that it’s the style you wanted @lovedogs! It’s like it was meant to be!

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful ring and congratulations!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cant help it....more pics! Outdoors this time 20200523_130643.jpg 20200523_130630.jpg 20200523_135938.jpg 20200523_130545.jpg 20200523_130637.jpg

20200523_130537.jpg 20200523_130624.jpg

And I just noticed the most delicate milgrain on the sides. Dead.

20200523_140504.jpg

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's incredible... and it looks spectacular on you. I adore this ring! You're so lucky and I'm so jealous!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the real deal! It's beautiful and how ironic that you inquired about this same ring. Meant to be!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! It's beautiful!!! Congrats!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, it's gorgeous! Congratulations!
What a find!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the real deal! It's beautiful and how ironic that you inquired about this same ring. Meant to be!

Since you often find antique/preloved stuff, how do you go about insuring /appraising them? This might be the most expensive thing I own, and I am terrified of damaging it or something happening. But the appraisal I got from the store didnt take the VC brand into account so the appraisal is way lower than what I would actually cost to replace if anything happened to it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, I have an appraiser I work with but that's mainly to verify and get an approximate value in case of resale.

None of my jewelry is insured, ironic since I worked in insurance and wrote my own policies lol! Anyways I wonder if VC would do an appraisal for you? That's the route I would go, that way the value of the brand would also be reflected.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, I have an appraiser I work with but that's mainly to verify and get an approximate value in case of resale.

None of my jewelry is insured, ironic since I worked in insurance and wrote my own policies lol! Anyways I wonder if VC would do an appraisal for you? That's the route I would go, that way the value of the brand would also be reflected.

Good point--I was thinking about whether they'd do one for me. Of course I'd be happy to pay them for their time, as I remember a local jeweler charging me to appraise my David Michael orchid necklace and of course completely understood that it took them time and effort to complete the appraisal. I'll email them--thanks!!!!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
This ring is amazing! That details are so beautiful and sharp, congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results