shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this an amazing deal? (Fay Cullen Question!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tobwald

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

Hoping someone can help me in assessing this Fay Cullen ring I found while searching around today. It says it is an E color and VS1 clarity, and when looking that up on whiteflash and james allen, I found the center diamond alone would be around $3000 with those specifications. However...Fay Cullen has posted a ring by those specifications, in a diamond edwardian setting for a total cost of $3,300! Am I missing something, or is this a fantastic deal? The cut of the center diamond isn''t listed, but I was wondering if all of you diamond experts could give me some advice on it!?

Here is the link:
http://faycullen.com/engagement_rings/800/e602r7d.html

and I will try to attach some photos too....

tobwald

Rough_Rock
ok...photos aren''t posting, but the link should work?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
type in fay cullen in the search box. Fay cullen has beautiful rings...not so great customer service and return policies...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the return policy would prevent me from buying from her. do the search like redrose suggested and you''ll get some of her customer feedback from pricescopers who have purchased from her.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
No it isn't an amazing deal...the diamond doesn't look well cut not to mention it doesn't say it's AGS or GIA certified, so you aren't comparing apples to apples AT ALL.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Before you purchase anything from Fay Cullen, please read this thread. It kept me from buying a really pretty ring on their site. I wouldn''t dare take that chance after reading what others have dealt with from this company.

Thread

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:58:43 PM
Author: flowerladytoo
Before you purchase anything from Fay Cullen, please read this thread. It kept me from buying a really pretty ring on their site. I wouldn''t dare take that chance after reading what others have dealt with from this company.

Thread
ditto. That was a terrible example of customer relations!
40.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:26:25 PM
Author: neatfreak
No it isn't an amazing deal...the diamond doesn't look well cut not to mention it doesn't say it's AGS or GIA certified, so you aren't comparing apples to apples AT ALL.

Ditto--the cut is not great. If it's not certified, the color/clarity could be way off --not a good deal at all. It's best to buy a loose stone, and then set it.

tobwald

Rough_Rock
thank you all for the info...you have definitely convinced me not to purchase the ring...or purchase anything from fay cullen ever! That is some scary stuff that was listed, and seeing the great feedback from whiteflash and james allen, I think I''ll stick with them...
Thanks so much for all the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results