shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a high or low setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
I am in love with Sally''s lotus setting, but am unsure if it is a high or low setting. Is there such a thing as a medium setting? Here is a photo:

lotusWG2.jpg

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, the stone in the photo is rather round and protrudes at the top. Here''s a photo of MakingTheGrade''s lotus with a stone cut more like a RB diamond, if that helps.

MTGpad.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well I also think it depends on the stone''s depth as well, You can request the head to be set as low as possible, but because there is a pedastal (where the shank meets up with the head) you''ll have at least 1-1.5mm there to start with. I have a princess cut colored stone and princess stone is relatively deeper and with colored its even slightly deeper than a diamond would be so I would consider my ring pretty high and its the highest setting that I have but surprisingly it is not uncomfortable at all.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
I am a person who does not like high settings, but I have four lotus rings that I love. I don''t think they feel high, and have had no problems with the height. That being said, Sally will make it either higher or lower as you request. If you want it set as low as possible, you can ask her to set it flush with the band, not above it, or if you want it set higher, she can make it set higher as well. She doesn''t recommend setting it flush with the band if you want to stack them though. It also depends on the stone that''s being set. Either way, I don''t think you''ll be disappointed. It is a gorgeous setting. I hope that helps.

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Thanks D&T and Freefly!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My lotus rings don''t feel high at all. Of the 2 that I have, one is substantially lower than the other, as you can see from this not-so-great photo. So there is definitely some degree of choice as to the height, depending on the depth of the stone (deeper stones will require a higher setting of course). More pictures of various lotus settings are here.

jstar-sallyrings2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results