shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a great OEC? K VS2 with medium fluorescence

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not a bad one, but I wouldn't say how beautiful it is until seeing it in person. Is there a return period? I would not commit to any OEC without one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond Zone offers a return period. I think it looks promising, but remember the color is probably at least a grade lower than GA.

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Thank you LLJsMom & DS for the reply. Both of your OECs are so drool worthy!

I am located in Canada, so unfortunately shipping stones to and fro is not viable. Hence I am looking to your expert opinions to get the stone and setting in one shot. You think it is too risky to buy an OEC unseen or can I trust MDZ to pick a nice one?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been eying that stone bc of the facet pattern and fluoro combo. Ask MDZ for a video of it if you haven't already.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I wouldn't take the risk. I also have never worked with diamond zone. So you may not want to rely on my comments. I would work with Adam at old world diamonds or Grace at jewels by Grace. I have worked with both of them and completely trust their eye on finding a beautiful OEC. BUT, I still would not buy from them if they did not have a return policy. That's just how I am as a diamond buyer. For me, it's too much money, be $2k or $20k, to not have a final power of veto. Good luck!!

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Good points. Thank you all for the advice!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if there are any PSers in the Chicago area that could check it out for you? It certainly looks
to have potential.

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. Yes that would have been awesome! Any volunteers? Lol

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Lol! That is a great idea! I could take a vacation and check out the stone at the same time

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Pardon my ignorance. Who is Haven?

I got another video of two diamonds that I am considering. I am inclined to go with the bigger one. Am I reading the video correctly?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes the bigger one. The smaller one has some darkness at around 10 o'clock.

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Thank you LLJsMom. I shall put it on hold. Now onto settings. Need to peruse the numerous threads for pictures :)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh yeah the 1.34 has lovely outer 'petals' on the edge of the stone. Are you thinking solitaire, bezel or halo for the setting?

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking of flowery vintage setting in a non round halo. Still trying to draw some inspiration here ... Any advice would be much appreciated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results