shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a great example of the FINEST Color Change Sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Finest CC Sapphire?

Hi all! I saw this thread and wonder if this the finest and most desirable type of color change I should look out for when selecting a Color change sapphire?

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi chictomato, I can''t answer your question, but that is an amazing stone! I would look for something like that even if it wasn''t the "finest" color change
3.gif
Someone else will chime in who has the knowledge I am sure, they are just sleeping right now me thinks
2.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Perfection is hard to define, and I don''t think it even exist in the gemstone world. It all depends on what you like best - a strong color change or a strong color, cause the chance of finding both is not very high. Mr. Z''s stone from the link you provided has a very strong, clear and distinct color change, but it''s individual colors are not very saturated (they seem to be in the medium-light region). On the other hand, last photo in THIS thread, shows a stronger color, but with not as obvious color change, which I personally might like even more. Of course, the strenght of color change effect is the most important thing with these gems in terms of value, so a stone with a great change would be more prized than that with a weaker one and stronger color saturation (intensity). But if buying to wear it in jewellery, it''s just a matter of personal preference.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The finest colour change stone is easy to define but very difficult to find a good example. It should have a 100% change (no bleeding of colour) and also both colours have to be devoid of gray with extreme intensity of colour with a medium-ish tone and the purest of hues.

While Zeolite’s stone is gorgeous and drool worthy, unfortunately, it cannot be called the finest quite yet. I like the colour change but like Ma Re, my opinion is that the individual colours are not very saturated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results