shape
carat
color
clarity

Color change sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Color change sapphire, 2.03 cts, Tanzania

The following are six pictures in 6 separate threads, since I can’t seem to enter 6 pictures in one thread.

They show extremely fine examples of color change gems collected over a 25 year period. Indeed, two of the 3 garnets were purchased from the estate of a very knowledgeable gem collector, who also loved color change gems. These gems are not typical, but instead show some of the strongest color changes possible for color change gems.

The first picture of each group in photographed under fluorescent lighting, representing daylight. The second picture shows the gem photographed under incandescent (light bulb) lighting, which is or was typical of evening lighting.

In each case, after the photos were taken, the picture color, saturation and tone was adjusted in Photoshop until the photo color matched the actual stone color, with the stone held right next to the computer monitor.

697700sapp.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for posting the color change gemstone photos. I enjoy color changers, too. We are sort of a sub-club of the colored stones group, I think.
35.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color change zeolite! Count me in the color change club. I love my color change sapphire.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...the color change is impressive

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that stone. I have always wanted a color change sapphire.

Linda

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, please ignore my other 2 posts in the dispore and spinel threads. Here you explained that the pictures have been colour corrected to represent what you see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results