shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dozer

Rough_Rock
I have found a diamond that I am considering to purchase. It is a .97 carat round brilliant, hearts and arrows. The only thing that I am concerned with is the faint flourescence. Do you think that this will affect the look and quality of the diamond? Is this a good price for this diamond? Here are the specs:

Round Brilliant
6.41-6.47-3.90mm
.97 carat
H color
clarity: VS1
depth: 60.6%
table: 56%
girdle: thin to medium, facted
culet: none
polish: excellent
symmetry: very good
flourescence: faint
crown angle: 34.1
pavilion angle: 41
culet: .6%

Price is $4900.

Thanks for the info.
twirl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dozer!

Sounds a good stone. The weight is very rare, just a hair under 1ct. The proportions look excellent. Plus, it's h+a.
The price sounds good too.
Faint fluorescence has NO effect on a stone.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dozer!
wavey.gif

I ran the HCA and got 1.3, TIC, EX/VG/VG/VG. A nice rating! Should be a good performer and VERY clean too! Price Scope vendors are asking $5355 for similar color, clarity, and carat weight Hearts and Arrows diamonds. The faint Flour should give you wonderful flashes of blue making the diamond even more sparkly!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't worry at all about the faint fluor. Many stones have faint fluor, even if its not noted on the certs. Our stone was GIA graded and said none. But our appraiser gave it a faint. No big deal!! It doesn't change the appearance of the stone one bit anyway.

The stone sounds lovely and the price sounds very good as well! A 1.01 H VS1 stone on Pscope with excellent cut was coming back around $5500-6500, so this is a nice price!

Good luck & get it checked out for a second opinion at a local appraiser!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone - sounds like good price.

good luck.

dozer

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for the info everyone. I am pretty excited to buy this diamond. Looks like I will make the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results