shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I am new to this forum but i love all the pics posted here. I really enjoy reading them a lot.
18.gif

I have an E ring: 1.4ct H/VS1 in a normal 4 prong setting...

I bought a new setting, i have not mount my diamond yet but after reading some post and articles. i realise that thinner bands can actually enhance the aesthetic look of the stone.

The new setting specs are:
2 side stones 0.36 ct
microsetting of 15 small 0.01ct diamonds at each sides (total 30).

I wonder if the band is too thick...Will my diamond look off? My ring is sent for resizing from size 7 to 4

here are the pics, please comment. thanks. (sorry i didnt clean my diamond, can see strands of fibre all around)

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the pic. Hope it helps. The one below is in a normal 4 prong setting. The one lying flat will be the new setting.

BB16thMar09watchdiomondring066-1.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 2:53:36 AM
Author:MoonRiver
Hi all,

I am new to this forum but i love all the pics posted here. I really enjoy reading them a lot.
18.gif

I have an E ring: 1.4ct H/VS1 in a normal 4 prong setting...

I bought a new setting, i have not mount my diamond yet but after reading some post and articles. i realise that thinner bands can actually enhance the aesthetic look of the stone.

The new setting specs are:
2 side stones 0.36 ct
microsetting of 15 small 0.01ct diamonds at each sides (total 30).

I wonder if the band is too thick...Will my diamond look off? My ring is sent for resizing from size 7 to 4

here are the pics, please comment. thanks. (sorry i didnt clean my diamond, can see strands of fibre all around)
Hello and welcome MR
35.gif

Did your jeweller mention any risk with sizing your ring to a 4? Seems like a big jump for such an intricate ring.

Do you have a head on shot of the ''new'' setting?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I can''t tell from your picture how thick the band is. Can you take a head on shot of your new ring?

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
I''ve sent the ring to be cut to a smaller size. Will only get it back next Saturday... I''ve got no head shot.. but i do agree that the resizing is really quite a jump. But the jeweller claim that its do able...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results