shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good pear? Price too good to be true?

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, my sister is in the market for a 3 carat pear diamond for her engagement ring and she's stumped me because I know nothing about pears.

Her budget including setting is about $28K. She wants to set the pear in rose gold with side baguettes. She would really like to get to the 3 carat mark if possible on her budget.

She has been offered this same diamond that's shown on blue nile here:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?stockno=LD06192979

A NYC diamond district vendor offered her this stone, WITH setting, for $29 K (despite BN list price for stone alone of almost $32K). I told her something seems fishy there.

If there are any pear experts out there, could you weigh in on this stone? We are trying to get pictures - she hasn't been to see it yet. (When she tried to make an appointment with the diamond district vendor, it mysteriously went out of town for the weekend.)

Other suggestions for great pears in her budget would be appreciated, too!

Edited: In case the BN stone won't load, the cert is here: http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?rep...ename=GIA/Dispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547

Q

Queenie60

Was able to access this stone on Enchanteddiamonds.com with the GIA number that I obtained from the Bluenile Stock number you provided. This stone is listed at $29,230 for bank wire price and $30,250 for credit card price. Enchanted shows a video image of the stone as well as ASET images. You may want to check this out. And, I am sure if you are interested in the stone they will be able to discuss with you and provide more pictures and information. It is my understanding that Bluenile does not offer photos of stones. :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Forgot to mention - stock number P306-BH9SLK for Enchanted Diamonds.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheers for Queenie finding the listing with video,etc! :appl:

Q

Queenie60

MollyMalone|1447451975|3949394 said:
Cheers for Queenie finding the listing with video,etc! :appl:

Why thank you, MollyMalone :dance:

alamana

Shiny_Rock
Not surprised that it showed up at Enchanted. I recently bought a pear from Enchanted after extensive looking; they seem to list a relatively good number of nice pears, which can be hard to find. I like that pear okay, but I wish there were a bit more information on it (crown height, etc.) and the table is a wee bit big for my pear taste--but I'm no expert and there are plenty of experts around here. I don't have any experience with pricing at that number of carats.

Q

Queenie60

Okay - now it's time for the experts! Not knowledgeable enough to comment. When dealing with Enchanted Diamonds I weed out the bad ones via their cut score then talk with Josh or Jon to help me to decide which stone meets my needs and criteria. I'm sure that some of our experienced PS friends can give you a helping hand. From what I've seen, they're awesome! :dance:

Maybe it's time to make a request - summons some help "Help me to find a good 3 ct pear" Wishing you luck.

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Sugggestions for other stones are definitely welcome! Also hoping someone will chime in on the ASET/specs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results