shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good diamond I found at a B&M?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hellomisterp

Rough_Rock

Hello, I am going to pop the big question soon and was looking for advice. The first day I was told about this board I could not stop reading all the knowledgable information. I love that everyone here super nice and very helpful in the quest for helping someone find the best diamond.

I searched online and at stores for over 2 months and I finally found a diamond in a local B&M that I liked and put a refunded deposit on it. I saw it with my own eyes and it looks clean to the naked eye, but under the lope I could cleary see inclusions. The most important aspect I was going for is the cut then color and obviously price. Below are the details and HCA. Please let me know if the price is right or if I could do better. Thanks in advance.

$5300 which includes a platium setting with small diamonds going all the way around the ring. tcw is around .5.

HCA

LR = VG
Fire = Ex
Scintillation=VG
Spread = VG
Total Score = 2.2

EGL

1.18 Carat
Round Brilliant
6.75-6.67-4.19 mm
Depth 62.4%
Width 58%
Crown Height 15%
Pavilion Depth 43%
Girdle Thickness Medium, Faceted
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Culet None
SI2
Graining Nil
Color F
Fluorescence None

Comments on Certificate:

"DiaScript" appears on the girdle
8 Hearts and 8 Arrows
"Tolkowsky Ideal Cut"

hellomisterp

Rough_Rock
Should I be worried about it being a SI2 with a EGL grading? Is there something I should look out for under the magnification as far as flaws or how many inclusions there are for the price?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t try to self-grade an SI2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results