Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good diamond I found at a B&M?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hellomisterp

Rough_Rock

Hello, I am going to pop the big question soon and was looking for advice. The first day I was told about this board I could not stop reading all the knowledgable information. I love that everyone here super nice and very helpful in the quest for helping someone find the best diamond.

I searched online and at stores for over 2 months and I finally found a diamond in a local B&M that I liked and put a refunded deposit on it. I saw it with my own eyes and it looks clean to the naked eye, but under the lope I could cleary see inclusions. The most important aspect I was going for is the cut then color and obviously price. Below are the details and HCA. Please let me know if the price is right or if I could do better. Thanks in advance.

$5300 which includes a platium setting with small diamonds going all the way around the ring. tcw is around .5.

HCA

LR = VG
Fire = Ex
Scintillation=VG
Spread = VG
Total Score = 2.2

EGL

1.18 Carat
Round Brilliant
6.75-6.67-4.19 mm
Depth 62.4%
Width 58%
Crown Height 15%
Pavilion Depth 43%
Girdle Thickness Medium, Faceted
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Culet None
SI2
Graining Nil
Color F
Fluorescence None

Comments on Certificate:

"DiaScript" appears on the girdle
8 Hearts and 8 Arrows
"Tolkowsky Ideal Cut"

hellomisterp

Rough_Rock
Should I be worried about it being a SI2 with a EGL grading? Is there something I should look out for under the magnification as far as flaws or how many inclusions there are for the price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.