shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cbell

Rough_Rock
I called the company that listed the diamond on ebay... here are the specifications:
its a premium cut round 2.13 ct diamond.
total depth %: 62%
table %: 60%
girdle thickness: medium to thick
culet: none
polish: good
symmetry: good
flourescence: none
Cost: $4489.00
The man i spoke with on the phone told me that it comes with an apprasial but not a certificate... For an additional charge of $35.00, they will provide a certificate from an Independent Labratory (on the picture it says Universial Gemological Laboratory, Inc. Diamond Certificate). He said I had five business days and if I was unhappy, I could send it back for a full refund. One of my concerns is that upon arrival, how do I get it GIA certified? He said GIA appraisals take 2 months and cost 139.00 (the cost isnt a problem, we're talking about a 2 ct diamond)...
He said the diamond was "eye-clean" but under a 10x, he could see an inclusion on the side of the diamond. Clarity is important, but it seems like such a good deal. Oh, he also said that the diamond has not been enhanced...
What do you think? Thanks a bunch for your help!!!

The Gipper

Rough_Rock
I've been looking, and thats an awfully cheap price for a stone that size with those specs. I'd be very leary of that. GIA, AGS, IGI seem to be the big cert groups, I'm a novice and never heard of the other

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:read: HI,
There are so many ways you could check to see if you are getting a good deal! first of all i would want it to have a G.I.A. OR E.G.L CERT.not just an appraisal, secondly go on line to and check out similar stones (with certs.)from well known labs and see :-ohow they compare.As the old saying says:IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS!!

By the way g.i.a don't apparise stones ,they just tell you the 4 c's in detail.

diamondsman:))

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:read: HI,
There are so many ways you could check to see if you are getting a good deal! first of all i would want it to have a G.I.A. OR E.G.L CERT.not just an appraisal, secondly go on line to and check out similar stones (with certs.)from well known labs and see :-ohow they compare.As the old saying says:IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS!!

By the way g.i.a don't apparise stones ,they just tell you the 4 c's in detail.

diamondsman:))

www.buydiamonddirect.com

mauricio

Rough_Rock
Hi Cbell,

Currently, GIA is backlogged for about 3 weeks.
I'm currently certifying a Lucere' diamond for one of my customers.
AGS can certify in just 2 weeks.
I can't understand why someone would NOT certify a 2 carat diamond.
By the way, what's the color and clarity?

:rolleyes:

cbell

Rough_Rock
Oh! I guess I forgot to write that down... its not as good as I would like, the color is J and the clarity is SI2...
Being unable to see the diamond in person makes for a difficult decision as I would like one that is at least better in clarity. But like you said, its kind of odd that they wouldn't certify a 2 ct diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results