clarity: SI1
cut|polish|symmetry: excellent
Fluorescence: None

Other: No visible inclusion

Price quoted: $30,200

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you look just above your post, you’ll see a tool for helping you find a diamond, put in your current specs and it’ll show you similar diamonds for comparison

Ray312

Rough_Rock
If you look just above your post, you’ll see a tool for helping you find a diamond, put in your current specs and it’ll show you similar diamonds for comparison

Thanks! I put in my specs and it is showing up as no results :(

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have information about what lab the stone is certified by (e.g. GIA or AGS), proportions like table/depth/crown/pavillion, and dimensions? You'll need at least dimensions and what lab before you'll be able to find comparable stones.

Ray312

Rough_Rock
Do you have information about what lab the stone is certified by (e.g. GIA or AGS), proportions like table/depth/crown/pavillion, and dimensions? You'll need at least dimensions and what lab before you'll be able to find comparable stones.

Thank you! Yea and see attached for the GIA report.

Attachments

• 7343118839.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 57

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Too deep and angles aren’t complimentary. And personally a J in that size would be too warm for me. I’d keep looking.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @Kaycee2018 that it isn't a great choice.

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
I thing smarter/more experienced people commented on the angels. But the price is really very, very affordable...Do you like how it looks to your eye?

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Based on the look I think it is a steal :) - But I know only about 0.001 about diamonds so maybe ask someone more competent than me. You have very pretty hands and all those rings look really amazing on you! :D

Ray312

Rough_Rock
I thing smarter/more experienced people commented on the angels. But the price is really very, very affordable...Do you like how it looks to your eye?

Thanks for responding. I do like how it looks, however to be fair I have not seen it in person (I am purchasing remotely with a very reputable company in New York). I actually was reading the thread you posted about your 2 rings and saw @lovedogs suggest the HCA tool and mine got a score of 2.5. She was saying you want less than 2. For me I understand that the ring I get isn't going to be perfect but I need a bigger 'rock' because my girlfriend has large hands/long fingers. My main worries is well first obviously don't want to be buying a ring that may not be of high grade/scores but then that particular ring I can't tell if I would be spending too much. At the highest level seems like just saying yes to the first price given to me isn't right and I can't defend my reasoning to lower it very well.

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
The ring pictures that you have posted all look very nice. I'll bet that she'd like any of those. Who knows that the future holds? Perhaps you'll upgrade the ring a couple of times in the next 30 years. It looks very, very pretty now. And I think she'll like it.

I would not worry about anything else. I did but...it served no purpose.Why consider a re-sale value at all? Chances are, your wife will keep it forever and your granddaughter will be exhibiting it as a piece of history of Mars :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA has this for comparison - not sure of the angles. You would need to request the report on it.

None of these are perfect but its what I could find close to your specs

I dont download attachments so cant really see how well yours is cut except what others have said.

Generally from what I have found, the price doesnt look too bad.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I would consider getting a thicker band, especially if there will be diamonds on it. Super thin pave bands are prone to damage as there's not a lot of metal to provide stability once you add in the diamonds.

Also, if you are looking at J colored stones, you may want to include stones with some florescence as it will help make the stone face up whiter.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consider getting a thicker band, especially if there will be diamonds on it. Super thin pave bands are prone to damage as there's not a lot of metal to provide stability once you add in the diamonds.

Also, if you are looking at J colored stones, you may want to include stones with some florescence as it will help make the stone face up whiter.

Whether fluor makes stones look whiter is very debatable. A J is going to be a J regardless. But I totally agree that the rings in the pic don't look very sturdy

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I have to chime in in the J- I ordered one, and in some lights it is so very white, but it others, especially shaded, the body color is definitely there. I would think as you go up in carat size the body color would become a bit more obvious.
Can they send you a video of it in a few lighting situations, maybe next to a G or F so you can gage the color better. I feel like the setting for that picture was very intentional

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I like the size and the band it’s on. It all depends on her color sensitivity And the trade off for size vs color imo. I personally don’t go lower than I for ering because larger stones can potentially show warmth and I don’t know know how I feel about that. J colored stones are my sweet spot for earrings because they are further away and smaller therefore minimal color is detected if any. The experienced ladies have advised on cut so follow their lead on that.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

If you have a $30 K (ish) budget then at least buy IDEAL cut.

cheers--Sharon

This is exactly what I would be doing as well. And note that because the stone you are considering is cut deep, the mm dimensions between it and the WF are extremely close. The WF one won't look smaller and you'll be getting a much much better cut stone.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

If you have a $30 K (ish) budget then at least buy IDEAL cut.

cheers--Sharon

The advantage of this is also the upgrade policy if you want to upgrade to a higher color and clarity later on!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The advantage of this is also the upgrade policy if you want to upgrade to a higher color and clarity later on!

Yup. The whole 9 yards. :)

Ray312

Rough_Rock
Thanks all, you have all been really helpful. I'm having trouble attaching the videos (format issue) although I do have them. I honestly cannot tell that it would show an inferior color as it looks so simliar to the other in the picture (top one is an H) but that is of course the last thing I think I'm worried about before progressing forward. I'm leaning on you all to stop me lol, but otherwise do you think I am being too impatient if I purchase? I guess in theory I could pass it up and see if a new one comes by.

Reactions: AV_

Ray312

Rough_Rock
Here is the HCA tool report. 1590324138109.png 1590324138109.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the vendor you're working with have an upgrade policy in case you (or she) decides she wants a higher color?

That's the nice thing about that stone posted above. If, later on, you decide you want a higher color you can easily upgrade
it. Just pay the price difference. Some places you have to spend 2x which in this case might put an upgrade out of the
question.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
You have an amazing budget. I understand you want a bigger “rock” due to hand size, but if it were me and I had your budget I’d go for as close to ideal as I can get and UP the color. And I’m not even color sensitive, but I wouldn’t gamble a low color if it were for someone else- no matter the size. That’s just me tho.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
That’s a pretty mediocre HCA score. Again, I would ask for picture in multiple lighting settings. Faced up under the right circumstances, most near colorless stones will look similar but I would want to see it in less than ideal lighting- real life isn’t always showroom lighting.
If you’ve already made up your mind, no sense coming here for advice. I think you got some helpful feedback, some nice alternatives to explore, and a large enough budget where with a little research you can get a large, lovely diamond.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all, you have all been really helpful. I'm having trouble attaching the videos (format issue) although I do have them. I honestly cannot tell that it would show an inferior color as it looks so simliar to the other in the picture (top one is an H) but that is of course the last thing I think I'm worried about before progressing forward. I'm leaning on you all to stop me lol, but otherwise do you think I am being too impatient if I purchase? I guess in theory I could pass it up and see if a new one comes by.

We already showed you a superior option that is the same price, has an incredible upgrade policy, and is the same face-up size. I would 100% go with the whiteflash one instead.

Ray312

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, no I appreciate all these comments and its been helpful to flesh it out. I'd like to remain with the jeweler because of their style though this conversation has helped make sure I don't just jump on any diamond. Interesting comments about the HCA score, there was another one I was considering but it was an even worse color (K) and 3.5 carats. The HCA score was like a 1.3 though just figured this group would never be OK having me press forward with a K at this size. Should I more heavily consider the HCA score?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results