shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a fair price? Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VVS1

Rough_Rock
Hi

Fairly new to the process. I have just been quoted a price of $14,000 for a 1.56 G VS1 hearts & arrows round stone. Depth of 60.7% Table of 56%. Measurements 7.55-7.57mm x 4.59mm GIA certification EX\EX polish symmetry and Sarin report score of 0. No fluorescence, Thin to medium girdle. I do not have the crown and pavillion angles.

Does this seem like a fair price?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

glequelenec

Rough_Rock
If you are prepared to shop around a great deal, you may be able to shave a few thousand from the price you quote. Keep in mind that stones of the quality you describe are hard to obtain. If your dealer has that stone in stock, the price is comparable to most online dealers high end offerings.

VVS1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. You mentioned that I might be able to shave a few thousand of the price. What recomendations do you have?

glequelenec

Rough_Rock
Talk to local dealers in person, be prepared to pay cash. No specific recommendations except to watch the market and see who offers a deal. Keep in mind that you could spend months of your time trying to save a relatively small amount.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results