shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a V-day effect on inventory and prices?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Does Valentine''s day have any effect on the inventory and pricing of diamonds?
Maybe its a silly question, but I am wondering whether there might be more to look at and better prices after V-day.
I imagine many people buy diamond jewelry as valentine gifts, but not sure if it has any effect on the available selection and pricing of loose diamonds online and at non-mall B&Ms. Is there restocking/price adjustment that happens after the holiday?
Hmmm....

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I would imagine that they would have more inventory before V day. I guess it depends on their planning if they have any left over after V day. I am going to guess that most of it will be preset. Like things a guy (or girl) could pick up quickly. I have no idea on loose diamonds, but they probably get a few more of those, too.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Several B&M''s that I have been to do inventory in January and then have their clearance sales through the last week of January. Prices at these B&M''s go back up first week of February, before Valentine''s Day. At some of the B&M''s I know, January is the BEST time to buy jewelry.

Internet diamonds are a different animal. I would imagine pricing is more dependent on rough supply prices.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope the diamond I have been eyeing up doesn''t get sold on Valentines day! I can''t get it until March.
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are purchasing online it shouldn''t make much of a difference, but there could be a difference at the B&M''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results