shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a Show me the Bling thread for custom rings?

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
After searching for a new setting for almost a year now and finding a couple settings that I liked but still had things I want to change about it, I've decided to go to the custom route. I'm already a bit nervous about it and hope I'm making the right decision because they will be using the platinum and diamonds on my current setting for the new setting. Ive been reading several threads about experiences going custom and seems like a lot of them had bad experiences. Just looking for some reassurance on positive custom experiences and pictures of successful custom projects while I wait for the CADs.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
josmar0623|1483065046|4110571 said:
After searching for a new setting for almost a year now and finding a couple settings that I liked but still had things I want to change about it, I've decided to go to the custom route. I'm already a bit nervous about it and hope I'm making the right decision because they will be using the platinum and diamonds on my current setting for the new setting. Ive been reading several threads about experiences going custom and seems like a lot of them had bad experiences. Just looking for some reassurance on positive custom experiences and pictures of successful custom projects while I wait for the CADs.

I've had several custom projects made and have been happy with all of them. With that said, I have been careful who I trust with making my customs. Certain designers excel at different things. make sure they can do what you want. Look at some of their custom projects. How does the finish look? Can they make the type of prongs you want? If you want micropave are they capable of it? Many cannot. do you want engraving? Look at examples, ask lots of questions. There is an award winning custom jeweler close to wear I live. Would I have him make me a custom item? No. Not because he's not talented, but I've looked at his work and his designs and capabilities don't match my taste. His forte is bold, and I like delicate. Don't go by what the jeweler Tells you they can do- that's where we see lots of problems. Look at their work and make sure they actually Can do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results