shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a difference between H or I in color if set in platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tehotu

Rough_Rock
It's boiling down to my final decision now. Not going with a clarity enhanced diamond, but trying to find one that is of an ideal cut with H&A. However, I had one more question. I found a couple diamonds I was considering:

I
SI1
0 (H&A)
A Cut Above
1.1-EX
ex-ex-ex-vg
34.8°
43%
AGS
0.8to1.2, pt, id, id, no, $4555*

I
VS2
0 (H&A)
0.4-EX
ex-ex-ex-vg
35°
42.5%
GIA
n-m-f
no
ex
ex
no
$4690

BUT TO GET AN "H" COLOR IDEAL CUT IT JUMPS UP ABOUT A GRAND... here's the closest I found:

H
VS2
0 (H&A)
1.1-EX
ex-vg-vg-ex
34.5°
43.2%
AGS
n
pt
id
id
no
$5505

H
VS2
0 (H&A)
0.9-EX
ex-ex-ex-vg
34.2°
43.1%
AGS
n-sk
pt
id
id
no
$5630

I don't think I can afford a diamond that's $5500 ... $4500 is my max. So here's the question: will an "I" color diamond show a visible tint if set in platinum? Thanks for everyone's help ... it's boiling down to that time...

Thankful,
Tehotu
:tongue:

kathishopping

Rough_Rock
Hi there, Try my favorite site for diamonds..I have bought diamond earrings 1.09ctw princess cut and a .74 heart shaped diamond...very, very pleased with both purchases.
israel-diamonds.com is the site...I saw a 1.21 round brilliant, E color, SI3 for $3796. Go to the site, click on loose diamonds, then scroll down and go to page 7...its the 3rd diamond down from the top...the return policy is great if you need it...the CEO talks with you online live, or e-mails you with an answer to any question you might have, pronto. Good luck to you. :))

larry

Rough_Rock
Can you find an I color with some Blue fluorescence?

See the tutorial about flourescence:

Blue fluorescence can be an advantage, particularly in lower (below I) colored diamonds, because blue is the complimentary color to yellow. Adding blue compensates for yellow and makes the diamond appear whiter in any light that has an ultra violet component (e.g. daylight and halogen lighting).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results