shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a better option than sizing beads?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
My knuckles are a bit bigger than the rest of my finger, therefore I have to size up on rings to be able to put them on and off. Below my knuckle I am probably right at a size 4. A size 4.5 goes on easily unless it''s a really hot day, but is pretty tough to take off, and a 4.75 is easier to take off. Both the 4.75 and the 4.5 spin and move up and down on my finge below my knuckle, which I find annoying.

I have heard that siizing beads will remedy the spinning, without increasing the difficulty of removing the ring from your finger. Is this true? Is there a better option than sizing beads? I know that some people find them uncomfortable and even painful.

mrb19992004

Rough_Rock
There is a WAY better option. check out www.ringlock.com

I did a LOT of research on this last year. There are quite a few choices, and looking at all of them. I chose this company, because the design on the mechanism that closes the ring made more sense to me. Would not have a problem just "falling open" with regular day to day activities.

My husbands knuckle is quite a bit larger than his actual ring size. Broken finger from soccer accident.

Check out this post...
Date: 3/16/2009 3:36:37 PM
Author:lilylover
My knuckles are a bit bigger than the rest of my finger, therefore I have to size up on rings to be able to put them on and off. Below my knuckle I am probably right at a size 4. A size 4.5 goes on easily unless it''s a really hot day, but is pretty tough to take off, and a 4.75 is easier to take off. Both the 4.75 and the 4.5 spin and move up and down on my finge below my knuckle, which I find annoying.

I have heard that siizing beads will remedy the spinning, without increasing the difficulty of removing the ring from your finger. Is this true? Is there a better option than sizing beads? I know that some people find them uncomfortable and even painful.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-rings.72943/

Hope this helps

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting concept - but not really practical for many jewellery designs and totally impractical for an existing ring.

FWIW - my wife has several rings with sizing beads (or bars, if the shank is wide enough) which she wears for days at a time without any discomfort. If done properly, they do stop the spinning/movement

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
You could try a horseshoe sizer. They're put in like sizing beads, and I think they're flexible, so they widen and shrink as you move the ring over narrower/wider parts of your finger. Here's an example.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
You can also consider small, discreet sizing "pads"... small pads of metal inside the shank of a ring; more comfortable (I would think) than the round sizing beads.

mrb19992004

Rough_Rock
True on the sizing beads. But what has to be considered is how much larger the knuckle may be in comparison to the actual ring size.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jeweler turned me on to sizing bridges. They can be put in any existing ring and are very comfortable.

cmsbridge04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results