shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a 12 step program for jewelry addicts?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy things for projects. Then people who work for me are slow with the projects. Then I get distracted with some other hobbies, luckily, I have a few, so if I feel I am sinking into one too deeply, I can switch over to something else. But then, I forget to revise what i have and end up buying exactly the same stuff I already had, or something similar. And, I never have the perseverance to hunt for what I really want (very few things, IRL).

It was all more or less OK before I started stringing pearls. Now there are unfinished strands of pearls everywhere.

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Hi, my name is Diamond Dog and I'm an addict. I can't stop thinking about diamonds and gems, rings in particular! I echo a lot of the sentiments on this thread and on another thread, that I can't walk past a jewellery shop without stopping to look. If I see someone with a shiny ring on their hand, I need to get a closer look.

I was in denial, but my husband is right, there's no end. I bought myself a beautiful Chopard necklace a month ago, promising it's my last piece, I truly believed it at the time.

Then I've just secretly purchased a vintage diamond ring. I wouldn't say we were wealthy either, it's not come to a point of us being financially strained. But if I keep this up, then we will be.

I feel sad and excited about my new ring. I feel so bad I'm hiding all this from my husband. I'm not looking for anyone to make me feel better, although that would be nice. But I'm looking for advice on how to curb my addiction. Thank you for any advice x

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I felt so guilty when #3 happened to me after I got a beautiful piece. It wasn't right away, but still....
I seriously thought there was something wrong with me, that I was ungrateful and greedy.

I try to put away my bling & not wear for a bit . I find then when I take it out again I feel the same thrill & love .
However, I still love and crave jewelry (and shoes and purses and uh oh) .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results