shape
carat
color
clarity

is the speed brite (gem-sparkle)solution safe to use...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
with a heated ultrasonic cleaner ?

thanks

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
A Speed Brite has it''s place. It is a very safe way to clean some things you may not want to take a polishing wheel to or more delicate stones like emeralds and opals. I use a combination of ''machines'' when necessary. You can''t beat a heated ultrasonic with the proper recipe of cleaning solution to get diamond engagement rings clean. On tarnished gold items the Speed Brite works extrememly well and can save tons of polishing time and retain the original finish look.

Happy New Year! Cindy

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2004 9
6.gif
8:37 AM
Author: denverappraiser
It''s safe, but it doesn''t work especially well. I use a little bit of Mr. Clean and squirt of dish soap in mine.

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver
Neil
1/3 of Mr. Clean + 2/3 of water + dish soap ? does is sound right ?

thanks

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Cindy,

Regarding the "heated ultrasonic" cleaning device you just mentioned - Is it possible to purchase one for home use. If so, where? Can you recommend a manufacturer?

Thanks.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2004 9
6.gif
8:34 PM
Author: crankydave
Two parts ice, two parts Clamato juice, two parts vodka, a dash of pepper, a dash of celery salt, a squeeze of lime, some olives on a cute little sword skewer...

Ummmm... nevermind, wrong solution.

Dave
Dave
that is the right solution but i think you had 1 too many of those already.....
9.gif

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock

Hi Jo,

I don''t buy or sell but any retailer can order you a more industrial ultrasonic. You don''t need a very large one and I think they sell for around $150. If you don''t have anyone who will do it for you just let me know. Cindy

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Jo, I have Ultra-Kleen. ... Ultrasonic Cleaner ... it is awesome.... It is very compact, sells for about $65... and if I want heat... I warm the cleaning solution in the microwave before placing it in the unit. Thanks!!! Abbott

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results