shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the Quality and Price Right??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jallegue

Rough_Rock
I bought a GIA certified diamond with these characteristics and paid $3,800 on a simple platinum setting.

Is this a good diamond and is the price reasonable?

Please feel free to comment.
Thanks in advance. Julio.

Shape and Cutting Style ROUND BRILLIANT
Measurements 5.76-5.79 x 3.57 mm
Weight 0.72 Carat
Proportions
Depth 61.8%
Table 57%
Girdle MEDIUM FACETED
Culet NONE
Finish
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry VERY GOOD
Clarity Grade SI1
Characteristics Crystal
Color Grade D
Fluorescence NONE
Comments NONE

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Julio,

There is not sufficient information to really assess whether the price is a decent price for the diamond - even if assuming that the price of $3800 is for the diamond and setting. One can not do an assessment of the quality of the cut without information on crown and pavillion angles.

Also, is this ring bought at a brick and mortar store or off the internet? If the ring is bought at a B&M, the price is probably about average. If through the internet, then the cost is probably a tad high.

The bigger question is - how does the diamond look to you? If you think it is gorgeous and that it was worth the $3800, then nothing else should really matter.

rodent.gif

jallegue

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply.

I bought the ring at a jewlery store(FL, Miami). Yes, I think the ring is gorgeous and beautiful. I am very satisfied with it.

Thanks again.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Sometimes these types of questions can be counter productive.

Do you have a right of return? If not; go with your gut and just be happy with the ring.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It looks nice to me. We can't give you an objective opinion since you don't have crown and pavilion data, but if you say it's gorgeous, then what else do you need?
1.gif

Enjoy what sounds like a beautiful ring.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results