shape
carat
color
clarity

is the back on this dress too sexy for a wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not 100% sure of the back. I love the front on you but just not too keen on the back.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree -- the front of the dress is just perfect on you, SO flattering! But when I saw the back, I went, "WOW" -- and not really in a "Wow, what a great dress!" way, more in a shocked kind of way. I''m not saying it''s not pretty -- it is -- I just don''t think it''s very bridal. At least not in the way I''d want to feel as a bride. I think if you''re worried about it, then that''s your answer right there -- you have to feel beautiful and comfortable in your dress!

All that said, you have a great figure, and I''m sure any dress will look fantastic on you!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 10:16:27 AM
Author: IslandDreams
ladykemma is right. The whole dress needs to go up about an inch. That will help it not seem so low. A good seamstress can fix it for you no problem. You might not even need to get it hemmed then..especially if you are wearing heels.

I love your dress. I seems very appropriate for a more casual wedding. If you are getting married ina church, I''d wear I very long veil to cover up the back a bit. Nothing fussy...just flowing tulle...to the floor.
thanks, it seemed so obvious to me, but nobody else was seeing it. the dress is hanging on her butt, instead of higher, which was making it not look right (but the non sewers can''t quite put their finger on why it doesn''t look right...)

i like the dress, it''s classy in a 40''s kind of way. 1940''s hollywood.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I think you have it right too, LadyK. It just needs to come up a bit, and it will be perfect. I think it will probably look more "bride" if it fit perfectly instead of a bit too low.

ETA: I think the dress itseld is lovely by the way.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not typical bridal and I think Lady K''s hit the nail on the head... but it is bridal in a modern sexy way... Monique Ll... i can''t spell her name kinda way. Which while is not my personal style... looks great on some brides. I was in Kleinfelds 2 years ago and there were three gowns that looked like nighgowns to me (dont'' recall who they were by) ... but another bride picked one to try on... and on her with the viel and heels it looked great... different but great. That''s why I like this gown. It''s very ''bridal'' from the front... but has a lot of personality from the back.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I showed these to my mom finally, and she loved the front...disliked the back. Surprisingly, not because it was too sexy, but rather because she thought it looked sloppy. Sorry to disappoint those who loved it, but the I have to agree that I am not a big fan of the back. I bought it mostly because I loved the front so much. I''m going to return it. However, no worries another gown is on it''s way! Pictures in a week or so. Thanks for your help, I appreciate your honesty very much.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''m late to the party, but just wanted to chime in and say that you''ll definitely find the one. There''s soo many out there to choose from. Have you checked out JCrew''s collection?

JessaJS

Rough_Rock
I like it and think it looks nice on you. I don''t even really think it''s all that daring - the dresses I like all seem to be very open in the back. ..... But, I''m a younger soon to be bride, so that may be a reflection of my age. Who knows!
1.gif

It''s definitely not your typical wedding dress, but I don''t necessarily think that''s a bad thing.
If you feel nice in it, then wear it and be proud of it! Nothing wrong with feeling sexy, etc. on your wedding day.
I agree with the thought also that with a full veil the open back look will be minimized.
And for less than $200 bucks! Holy cow!
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results