shape
carat
color
clarity

Is my diamond set properly?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MY!! What a transformation!! That is a stunning, stunning ring. Those PRONGS!! :kiss2::kiss2:

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I have an update post!! I got my ring fixed by kilani and they did exactly what I wanted. I originally asked for claw prongs from the previous setter, but they came back looking round so I just assumed every setters claw looks different. But that would've been totally fine if it was set properly.

I told kelani to do what they had to do to set it securely and that if claws were not possible that round was fine too. The replied saying nothing is impossible :oops2:

Here are the before and after pictures :bigsmile:

Screenshot_20210118-180913_Gallery.jpg
20210112_233246_885.jpg 20210123_152758_192.jpg Screenshot_20210123-161930_Gallery.jpg

WOW WOW WOW.

I missed out a few pages of updates and my gawd...this is a stunning transformation! The initial job is really so sloppy ...and now it is so jaw dropping! :shock:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a difference! Now THAT is how your ring is supposed to look - so pretty. I'm very happy that you were able to find a bench that did your ring justice. Enjoy!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Venusara I am so thrilled to see your setting and your diamond properly set!

I am glad that you started this thread and it helped me realized the power of PSers, like @MillieLou & @Spring Day, who reached out to the original jeweler (dmfinejewellery) and helped to get your refund! And you never know unless you ask and I’m so glad they reached out and did so!

Yay! $300CAD is a lot of money and I am so happy you received a refund!

Also, I appreciate our Trade folks like @Karl_K with professional input, advice, and direction.

So congratulations to you and wear your ring with much happiness!

-C4C

PS. As a previous PSer stated, I do think your ring appears still on FB..

Attachments

• E1A7BBF3-84D4-4EFC-8A12-07391E02AFC7.jpeg
    E1A7BBF3-84D4-4EFC-8A12-07391E02AFC7.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Venusara

Rough_Rock
WOW. It looks sooo good! I will definitely reach out to them if my vendor doesn’t work out. How much did it cost to reset it?

I am not sure how much it cost to reset because we ordered a wedding band from them and paid a deposit so we will find out how much setting costs when we pick up the band, I'll send you a message when we find out :)

SUCH a huge sigh of relief! Does not look like your stone is going anywhere. I'm so glad Kilani could do it right. Ugh! and that terrible first vendor. Awful. I'm so glad she gave you a full refund, and that she came to the realization that her unprofessional conduct and shoddy workmanship has been exposed to the world. Consequences for her and her business...

I don't think she would've agreed to any form of refund if it weren't for those of you who stood up for me! Because of the internet, businesses can't get away with as much as they could back then, that's for sure!

Oh thank goodness! This correction looks perfect, I completely cringed at the original and was so upset on your behalf!!!

I would leave an honest review of your vendor on web sources- they did a poor job with the setting and tried to tell you it was fine!!!

I recently purchased a ring with a slightly loose stone when it arrived and the jeweler immediately asked me to send it back so they could fix it!

That's amazing customer service!! So happy for you that they are so easy to deal with!

I’m so glad it turned out well! It seriously looks so much better! And I’m glad you’re gonna get that refund! I didn’t comment on this thread before because you were getting some great advice but I thought I would be proactive and find her IG. I commented on how atrocious that setting job was. Looks like she deleted all the posts with your ring like it never happened though.

Thank you for speaking up for me!! I really appreciate it!!

Except I think on her FB she shows off the ring on 1/14/21 like she designed it herself. Bad prongs and all! So weird. I think it’s OP’s ring.

Yes, it's my ring, she can decide herself whether she wants to keep that post. I don't follow her so out of sight out of mind. I'm just super happy my ring is fixed!!

I hope you don't mind, but I was the one who forwarded her a link to this thread and politely asked her to make it right for you. I am glad she did. (Others may have contacted her too).

I have a real bee in my bonnet about people being taken advantage of, duped, dismissed, and honestly cannot stand by and watch it happen. I can't bite my tongue. I also appreciated that you were honest enough to post the name of the vendor which I think is so important on a consumer forum, and it frustrates me when people don't, so I felt you deserved others to speak up for you. I know it can be hard when you're in the middle of it and don't know if your expectations are realistic or not.

The new ring is absolutely stunning.

Thank you so much for everything you did, you have no idea!! She became really nice after you guys stood up for me and convinced her that she wasn't right. I really wasn't sure if I could get a refund because they did indeed do the job, just not the way I expected.

@Venusara I am so thrilled to see your setting and your diamond properly set!

I am glad that you started this thread and it helped me realized the power of PSers, like @MillieLou & @Spring Day, who reached out to the original jeweler (dmfinejewellery) and helped to get your refund! And you never know unless you ask and I’m so glad they reached out and did so!

Yay! $300CAD is a lot of money and I am so happy you received a refund!

Also, I appreciate our Trade folks like @Karl_K with professional input, advice, and direction.

So congratulations to you and wear your ring with much happiness!

-C4C

PS. As a previous PSer stated, I do think your ring appears still on FB..

I'm so grateful to @MillieLou @Spring Day and everyone else who stood up for me. Thank you everyone for the wonderful advice and reassurance. Dana is going to give me a full refund next week and this whole mess will finally be resolved!! They did drop the stone a bit lower like @Karl_K suggested (thank you!!), and they were able to make claws without retipping anything!!

Thank you all for your wonderful compliments and well wishes!! Happy to part of such an amazing and helpful community. And super happy to wear my ring!! I'm obsessed!! I appreciate everyone so much ❤❤

Venusara

Rough_Rock
I’m so happy for you!! I adore the claw prongs, they are perfect!!!

Thank you!! I'm obsessed with the claws!

Yay!!!!
It looks amazing! I'm so happy kelani was able to get the job done correctly. Enjoy your beautiful ring.

Thank you for all your advice and suggestions throughout all this, so happy to have met you all!

Wow, what a difference! Enjoy it now!

Thank you!!

What a night and day difference! It’s beautiful and Im so glad it worked out for you in the end!

Thank you, the difference is crazy!

Yay I'm happy for you! Love those claw prongs!

I love them too, thank you!!

Wow!!! What an amazing transformation. I didn’t comment earlier because you were getting sage advice that I would have just echoed. That was an abysmal setting job!! :(
But now I am so happy for you because this ring is absolutely gorgeous and the prong work is stellar now!! Enjoy and congratulations!!

Thank you so much!

Wonderful outcome, those prongs are delicate AND secure. Hopefully the original vendor is better at quality control in the future.

I'm sure she will be more careful, and hope that this is just a one off case for her.

The difference is night and day.
The first attempt, heavens, not even close to correctly set.
Now, those exquisite claw prongs securely holding the diamond, the prongs laying close to the diamond, stunning.

Thank you, they feel really secure now!

Yay it looks perfect! Secure and dainty, they did a really good job making the claw prongs look sharp, even in those closeup shots. I'm so glad you were able to get a full refund!!

Thank you for your help and advice!!

Omg so happy for you. Its perfection!

Thank you!!

Your ring looks stunning! I’m so glad you got the happy ending you deserve. Good job to the PSers who called out Dana McLaven and shamed her into refunding you 100% of that hot mess. Enjoy your beautiful ring Venusara!

Thank you, I am so grateful for getting so much help and advice from all you!!

The revised setting is exquisite. I’m so happy you got this outcome! The before pic stresses me the heck out, man... :p

I was stressed till the day it got fixed. Such a huge sigh of relief!!

So glad this worked out for you - it looks like a different ring (in a good way!) It is lovely!

It is terrible that the first vendor essentially bullied you AND did a terrible job - as consumers we put our faith in the pros and we shouldn't have to clean up messes like this especially when we are paying for them to know better!

So glad this had a happy ending - soon you will forget all about this stress.

Thank you! I am so relieved that everything worked out, especially for something so sentimental.

I’ve watched this knowing I didn’t have anything to add - but I’m thrilled for you! What a great result. Wear it in health and happiness!

Thank you!!

Congratulations on not only having your ring set perfectly now, but also on getting a full refund back!

Thank you, so glad that she offered me a refund and made things right so I no longer have anything against her. We just have different perceptions of what a secure setting looks like I guess.

Wonderful!! It not only looks elegant and beautiful, it looks secure and seated properly! I'm so happy this worked out the way it has! And you now have a jeweler nearby whom you know you can trust. Bonus!

Yes, I'm super glad I found a good jeweller that I can trust. They were amazing to work with and have yet to tell me that something cannot be done. Thank you! They did better than I expected!

I feel your pain on a complaint not being taking seriously! I absolutely agree that this stone wasn't properly set

I am a bit ocd with things like this that hold sentimental value. I want to make sure its set as secure as possible.

Congrates it looks awesome!!!!

Thank you!! I'm so glad they reset it lower like you suggested. It felt like it was set too high before. I really appreciate your help!

Ah sorry just saw @Spring Day contacted her too. Pricescope power!

You guys are the best, thank you!

Oh MY!! What a transformation!! That is a stunning, stunning ring. Those PRONGS!! :kiss2::kiss2:

I didn't think claw prongs would be possible in a reset, so I'm absolutely obsessed!

WOW WOW WOW.

I missed out a few pages of updates and my gawd...this is a stunning transformation! The initial job is really so sloppy ...and now it is so jaw dropping! :shock:

Thank you!

Wow! What a difference! Now THAT is how your ring is supposed to look - so pretty. I'm very happy that you were able to find a bench that did your ring justice. Enjoy!

Thank you so much! It is beyond what I expected. Their bench and the way they conducted business was super professional. They checked my gia inscription on their microscope with me before taking it to get worked on. Then they checked it with me again before giving it back to me. An amazing experience for sure!

Kathypdoe

Rough_Rock
Except I think on her FB she shows off the ring on 1/14/21 like she designed it herself. Bad prongs and all! So weird. I think it’s OP’s ring.

I saw that too!! The first pic was a setting in white gold, then she has the pics of her rose gold ring?? I asked her if the ring was white gold or rose, and she never responded. Maybe she deleted the whole post by now?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results