shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Money Important toYou?

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
And name one thing that is more important than money to you, and one thing that is only A BIT less important....

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OH yeah, I have enough but I wouldn''t mind winning the lotto and making a ton from my art.

More important?
#1 - health - once you or a loved one lose your health or have a bad diagnosis, are chronically sick or in pain - everything else falls quickly away.

#2 - family love.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think for me, money is important in the sense that I need it to survive. It''s not important to me to have a ton of money, and be rich. It''s more that I want enough to know I''m going to get by without struggling (like now). I value my family, SO and friends much higher than money, along with my pets. I think I value material things less than money in the sense that I don''t need clothes or jewelry or tvs to feel good about myself.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Money is very important to me.

Date: 6/21/2010 2:58:48 PM
Author:luckynumber
And name one thing that is more important than money to you
My husband.

and one thing that is only A BIT less important....
Happiness; because money & happiness are linked to me, especially the lack thereof.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure I understand the question, perhaps elaborate more?

I mean, yes having money IS important. I need it to buy food, have a place to live, have the type of health insurance needed for my daughter''s illness (not life threatening since it''s being treated but not normal checkups either).

If you mean is A LOT of money important, then I guess no as long as I''m living comfortably.

I value family more than money.

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
Hm..yes, money is definitely important to me!

being able to pay my bills = me happy. so yes! But I''m not talking about an abundance of money...i don''t HAVE to be rich, I just HAVE to be able to pay the bills. but still, paying the bills/money definitely aren''t the most important thing...maybe like 5th-10th most important?

more important?? my mom/dog/boyfriend.. in that order, lol.

little bit less important than my family but more important than money?? my family''s health. i would be devastated if anything happened to them.

April20

Ideal_Rock
To me, money is something we need to provide our necessities- food, clothing, shelter. It''s always nice to have additional for "wants", but they are by no means a have to have.

Family and spirituality is far more important to me than money ever will be.

I value my "things" less than money. "Things" are replaceable- if you have the money that is. Is that a catch 22 or what?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, money is important to me. My father always told me this: the most important thing in life is your health, the next most important thing is love, and the third most important thing is money so you can take care of the first two things.

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 3:31:47 PM
Author: monarch64
Yes, money is important to me. My father always told me this: the most important thing in life is your health, the next most important thing is love, and the third most important thing is money so you can take care of the first two things.
i love that! that''s a great saying.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Lots of things are more important to me in my life than money. My family, friends, and health, for sure. I don''''t ant to be rich, just comfortable enough to be able to maintain myself and family, save, travel now and again, and some disposable income to buy a few personal things every now and then.

Right now things are tight with me and the DH. I really miss being able to take trips and buy something frivolous if I want to. But at the same time I''m thankful for other things in my life that are more precious.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, well it doesn''t feel like it''s that important to me, but when I think about it, I suppose it is in a way in the sense that without a good income we couldn''t afford to live in our nice, safe neighborhood with really great schools. Family, friends, pets, and our health are all way above money in the importance factor, but it does take a good chuck to be able to live a nice, comfortable lifestyle in the area we''re in.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, money is important to me. Monarch's dad's saying captures my thoughts perfectly.

I want to have the means to take three days off and stay in a nice B&B whenever we want.
I want to be able to send our kids to college without them having to take out loans, like FI and I were fortunate to have been able to do.
I want to be able to visit family overseas anytime without having to worry about affording it.
If a loved one has a health issue I want to be able to worry about him/her getting better, and not worry about how we'll pay for it.
I don't ever want to be financially struggling, with someone depending on me.

Those things would make me happy, and we'll need a certain income to be able to do them.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it''s important to me. It''s not all-consuming, and I don''t constantly think about how I''m going to get more (like some of my friends), but it is definitely important. I like nice things, I like vacation, I like building my savings account, I like not worrying about going to the dentist or the doctor, and I like being able to buy good food. I''m not going to make myself miserable and work in a job/industry I hate purely because I''d get paid more, but it''s something I''d like much more of than I currently have!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My freedoms are very important to me, and since money enables many of my freedoms then yes, money is important to me.

I like Monnie''s dad''s saying quite a lot.

Health and my loved ones are more important than money to me.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Not having debts has gotten to be pretty important, now that I''ve been there for 4-5 years. It''s also a relief to have a cash reserve, too. Those two things make the current downward spiral of an economy and it''s rampant ageism, etc. a little less stressful. I can''t afford to retire and sit, but then, I am far too young and hard-driving to do that, anyway.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I like this.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Yes, money is important to me. I love the freedom it gives. I also enjoy being generous towards family and friends. Right now, I''m the sole provider of the household (DH is in school) and we can''t travel as much or treat our family as much, but I really appreciate the confidence of having savings if we have something unexpected come up.
Health and family are more important. No amount of money can buy you either.
Material things are a bit less important than money itself. Doesn''t make sense to have nice things bought on credit. Better to have the cash.
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''ll answer your Q when i have money.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2010 6:35:25 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i'll answer your Q when i have money.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Money is important but not as important as health and loved ones. The most important thing to me is our health (mine and the health of my loved ones). After that it is all gravy as far as I'm concerned. Nothing is insurmountable when you have your health. You can have all the money in the world and without your health (and the health of your loved ones) what good is it?

Money makes things easier but you cannot buy happiness.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2010 6:38:57 PM
Author: missy

sure it can...look at all those happy ladies on SMTR forum.
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Money is important but not as important as health and loved ones. The most important thing to me is our health (mine and the health of my loved ones). After that it is all gravy as far as I''m concerned. Nothing is insurmountable when you have your health. You can have all the money in the world and without your health (and the health of your loved ones) what good is it?

I can''t tell you how much I disagree with this.

If it is not buying happiness then you are not spending it properly.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Money is Very important to me, we know it doesn't buy happiness but sure gets you close, ie good health care and my child's future.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 3:34:45 PM
Author: AnneTossy

i love that! that''s a great saying.
Very good saying.Money is important,yes...but things like respect,love,compassion, and guildance can be given and recieved free of charge.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It makes things easier, having some than not. But it can''t buy you happiness. I agree 100% with Monnie''s dad.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2010 7:02:23 PM
Author: Steal

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Money is important but not as important as health and loved ones. The most important thing to me is our health (mine and the health of my loved ones). After that it is all gravy as far as I''m concerned. Nothing is insurmountable when you have your health. You can have all the money in the world and without your health (and the health of your loved ones) what good is it?

LOL
I love beautiful things just as much as any PScoper for sure.
9.gif

However, if all the pretty *things* I had in my life disappeared tomorrow it would be OK as long as I had my dh and my wonderful family and friends. *Things* can only bring me short term happiness but not contentment and love which is something I can only get from within. And knowing I have my loved ones by my side brings me true happiness and contentment.
Ofc, looking at my pretty pretty jewelry doesn''t hurt.
30.gif

2.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

i'll answer your Q when i have money.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Money is important but not as important as health and loved ones. The most important thing to me is our health (mine and the health of my loved ones). After that it is all gravy as far as I'm concerned. Nothing is insurmountable when you have your health. You can have all the money in the world and without your health (and the health of your loved ones) what good is it?

I can't tell you how much I disagree with this.

::snort::
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 7:35:47 PM

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

LOL
9.gif

However, if all the pretty *things* I had in my life disappeared tomorrow it would be OK as long as I had my dh and my wonderful family and friends. *Things* can only bring me short term happiness but not contentment and love which is something I can only get from within. And knowing I have my loved ones by my side brings me true happiness and contentment.
30.gif

2.gif
Money buys all types of things: cars, holidays, cosmetic surgery but it also buys vaccines, food, water treatment units, blankets, shelter. I believe that if a body cannot use their money to bring them happiness then they need to re-evaluate where they are spending it. If you have what you need then there is another who needs what you have.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2010 7:43:10 PM
Date: 6/21/2010 7:35:47 PM

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

LOL

9.gif

30.gif

2.gif

Money buys all types of things: cars, holidays, cosmetic surgery but it also buys vaccines, food, water treatment units, blankets, shelter. I believe that if a body cannot use their money to bring them happiness then they need to re-evaluate where they are spending it. If you have what you need then there is another who needs what you have.

Which is why my dh and I give very generously to charities that are dear to our hearts. In fact, we have forgone exchanging gifts for the last year just to be able to give more. That is exactly why I am saying money does *not* buy happiness. We are very happy whether we are making more money or less money or buying more gifts or less gifts. And you don''t need money to give to charities either. I volunteer with an animal charity giving my time and energy. That makes me *very* happy.

But to each his own and whatever makes you happy I say more power to you. For me it will always come from doing rather than getting and from knowing I am loved and have lots of love to give. That makes me happy.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Love and Health is more important but everything else is probably less than money. I believe with love and health ... and money .. comes happiness :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The whole money can/can''t buy happiness thing, I guess it depends on how you look at it. If I have the money to buy a needy child something for Christmas, and it makes the child happy, and it makes me happy to see a child happy, isn''t that buying happiness? If I donate money to charity, say a battered women''s shelter or something, and the women are able to start new lives and are happy, and I''m happy, isn''t that buying happiness?

If someone said to me "All the money in the world wouldn''t make me happy" I''d think they were crazy. If I won the lottery I would be giddy with happiness being able to help people/animals, make our town a place people actually want to *stay* in, scholarships for schools, all kinds of things.

Maybe that''s splitting hairs but that''s my thoughts on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results