shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it wrong for me to dislike someone so much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh, Brightlight, this sounds like some other sisters-in-law I have known. Believe, me, I can sympathize. As others have mentioned, the BEST way to deal with a manipulative, mean, and angry person like this is not to engage -- just ignore her as much as possible. I''ve learned this lesson the hard way!

And, because it bothers you to have negative feelings toward her, maybe you can think about her in a different light... She''s probably the kind of person who is in constant (emotional) pain. She knows people don''t like her, and it makes her rageful crazy, and yet there''s probably nothing she can do about it. I know she acts like a witch, but she probably doesn''t know any other way to be. Try to feel sorry for her, instead of hating her. She''s really kind of pathetic...

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very possible that your SIL is a "toxic" person, as other posters have said. When I get around someone who''s not my favorite person in the world (
2.gif
), I try to remind myself to act in a way which I can be proud of. No matter what someone says to me, I only reply respectfully. This goes for work, strangers, friends, family, etc.

As long as I can look at my actions in the situation, and know that I did everything "right", then I have no other worries. I will let other people simmer in their negativity, while I simmer in a big pot of love and happiness
9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
So, obviously you don''t like this girl. However, your brother loves her, no? Or else he wouldn''t have married her?

She is family. You can either *choose* to dislike her and let it bother you, or *choose* to let her roll off of your back.

She is going to be around no matter what, and it is just going to upset your brother if you all make it obvious that you dislike her so much. You don''t have to be best friends, or even friends for that matter, but you should at least give your brother the benefit of the doubt that she makes him happy.

IMO, if she is being so rude to your family, then your parents need to speak with your brother.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results