shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it worth lowering color and size to buy a true heart/arrows cut?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Will try to keep this short.
The edges weren't as bright as other parts of the diamond in certain lighting. I thought that was normal, but I still didn't like it. Turns out it doesn't have to be normal. Better cut and super ideal stones don't seem to have that problem. Resulting in those stones actually looking bigger to me. Tiny slivers in the center didn't seem to light up in certain lighting. Thought that was normal too, and it still annoyed me. Super ideal does not have that issue (at least not to me).

Thank you for that. It is helpful to me!!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Many will also disagree that cut masks color. You are not the authority on what “people pay attention to” and what becomes “subordinate” to others. And that’s my point—OP should base their choice on their preference, not on what YOU deem others to “pay attention to.”

I have the highest authority on what my opinion is. And my post was just that - MY opinion based on OP's initial post- that you angrily jumped into and started a verbal attack. OP asked for an opinion, which I provided. The post was not about you nor was it for you. You chose to personalize it.

You are getting angry over nothing... or over the fact that you do not own a super-ideal but you do have some E color stone, which you felt like I attacked. Color IS subordinate to most people. Cut supersedes the color anywhere and anytime.

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the highest authority on what my opinion is. My post was just that - MY opinion. You are getting angry over nothing... or over the fact that you do not have a super-ideal but you do have an E color, which you felt like I attacked. Color IS subordinate to most people. Cut supersedes the color anywhere and anytime.

Ha! Ok! So correcting you so that you don’t mislead OP means I’m angry? Got it! How about you take accountability for your writing—as I was very explicit in correcting you— read carefully. Please stop perpetuating myths about color and cut considering you’ve owned your diamond for a minute. Notice that my post came from my experience whereas your post tries to sway OP on the regurgitation of a mantra you read on PS not even a year ago. You already tried to go at it with another poster on this thread so you should really analyze your tone in these posts bc it’s obvious that as a newbie here you don’t really understand PS etiquette :roll:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! Ok! So correcting you so that you don’t mislead OP means I’m angry? Got it! How about you take accountability for your writing—as I was very explicit in correcting you— read carefully. Please stop perpetuating myths about color and cut considering you’ve owned your diamond for a minute. Notice that my post came from my experience whereas your post tries to sway OP on the regurgitation of a mantra you read on PS not even a year ago. You already tried to go at it with another poster on this thread so you should really analyze your tone in these posts bc it’s obvious that as a newbie here you don’t really understand PS etiquette :roll:

I do not need you to correct me. You are already confused enough. And angry. I have a right to express my opinion whether I am a newbie or not. I am a newbie here (if you call that someone who has been active here for almost a year) but I am not new to diamonds (but a nice (desperate?) try to pick on someone based on their new-er status on here). My opinions here will be stated whether you get angry over them or not.

Now, focus here. OP post is not about you nor is it about your mediocre E colored stone.

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not need you to correct me. You are already confused enough. And angry. I have a right to express my opinion whether I am a newbie or not. I am a newbie here (if you call someone being active here for almost a year) but I am not new to diamonds. My opinions here will be stated whether you get angry over them or not.

Now, focus here. OP post is not about you nor is it about your mediocre E colored stone.

Bye Felicia!:wavey:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala I so appreciate your post. To piggy back on that... I have my ring 2.31 Brian Gavin Signature branded H&A, AGS000, VVS2, H color, and I also have my ring 2.01 GIA 3X SI2, E color with a 63% depth (altho still 1.6 HCA, excellents all except for size), both set in the exact same mounting. And which one do I put on everyday? The smaller one with the “not PS-worthy GIA 3X” specs. Why? Because the E color kicks the H color’s ass and clearly there just isn’t enough difference from the super ideal to overcome the H from the E. So yes, I always go for my smaller 3X “undesirable” SI2, E over my larger super ideal VVS2, H. Don’t get me wrong... the BGD is spectacular... my point is with regard to the power of the color (for me). The colorless element brings with it a level of brightness above and beyond, IMO, of that is provided by the super ideal cut.

I appreciate that you appreciate my post! Lol. It really does come down to realizing what your preferences are after all the research, knowledge and personal experience. And you would certainly know since you can compare the two on a daily basis.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results