shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it weird to say "heavy" hors d''oeuvres on invite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
"please join us for cocktails and an hor d''oeuvre dinner"

?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 4:12:58 PM
Author: Elmorton
''please join us for cocktails and an hor d''oeuvre dinner''
?
Bingo! We have a winner.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen it worded as light fair- totally butched the spelling but you get the idea.

angielea

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I''m thinking about having an "appetizer" evening reception as well. and I was kind of wondering.. are you having tables? If so, how many? as many seats as you have guests? Or are you having high top cocktail tables for folks to stand around?

Date: 4/28/2008 12:29:39 PM
Author: surfgirl
I think either Haven''s wording, or you could simply say, ''Please join us for a cocktails and an hors d''ouvres buffet afterwards'' Something like that? To me, ''buffet'' indicates that it will be plentiful because buffets usually are copious amounts of food.
Oooh, this seems like it could work quite well. And it is displayed/buffet style, not passed, so that could work really well.

Thank you all for these suggestions!!!

Date: 4/28/2008 4:31:22 PM
Author: angielea
Ok, I''m thinking about having an ''appetizer'' evening reception as well. and I was kind of wondering.. are you having tables? If so, how many? as many seats as you have guests? Or are you having high top cocktail tables for folks to stand around?
hi Angie,

For this event, we are having a few high top tables and just a few tables with chairs. We will not have enough seating for everyone, but were thinking it would be good to have soem seating for our older guests. It is meant to also be a wine tasting (with wines and beer from three of our fave countires, with accopanying food from those three countires) - so we want people to be moving around, sampling things, chatting. Plus our event is only 2 hours, and there is an outdoor patio. So in sum, our goal is to have lots of moving around and mingling, with tables to lean against and a few tables with seats for those who want to rest their legs :)

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results