shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it true that some heads make a diamond appear larger?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo Beau :) Good Morning... I have Jenn''s same setting... After she had her solitare done I was sold and order one exactly like it... I LOVE IT!! The band is thin but has some weight to it... I love the knife edge. I WOULD HIGHLY recommend it.. You can wear it nicely with soooo many bands. You ring looks beautiful in the photos. Please tell me about your diamond..is it new or not??? What happen to the first setting you loved??? I am trying to catch up :) Also, what is your favorite setting ...do you like the heavy look...the thin look, do you like wide rrings, big bling, simple bling??? OR are you like me and like VARIETY!!! I wore the same ring for 15-16 years.....bad 3/4ct diamond on a wide gold band.... Loved it and then I got the BUG and now I love to mix match and change... I DRIVE MY HUBBY CRAZY but I am lucky and he just laughs.. GIVE ME DETAILS :)

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Hey Woobug, GREAT to see ya again! This is a NEW diamond that was purchased back in July, when they mounted it in the split claws that looked like a Leon Mege piece...it was FABULOUS...but prong broke off two days later, and they made a mess of it, trying to remount it in a platinum head (same head, but claws looked drastically different). There are pics on here somewhere! So..they mounted it the third time in a basic 4 prong head, which I think is a tad boring. I like the 4mm (maybe I would go 3mm, next time), heavy cathedral setting. It''s weighty, well made. I think I want a decorative head, to add a little pizzaz! I like the halo style too...or cathedral in pave maybe? I think like you..I like to mix and match different bands with the solitaire, so something simple, not TOO busy!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Ok Beau I just went back and read all of your terrible horror stories.....................I would be a T-Total mess by now. You are handling it way better than me....I too love your current setting but have never seen it with a six prong. I can''t believe you can''t find a jeweler to set your stone.. THAT IS AWEFUL... I can go anywhere her and get it done
7.gif
SOOOO SAD FOR YOU!!! Is the jeweler who messed up your setting the same one you bought your stone from... THIS A TERRIBLE ORDEAL!!! We must find you a jeweler and a setting WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Other than mall jewelers Woobug, there are only about 4 or 5 jewelers who actually order diamonds and set them, custom make settings...etc. So...when I initially set out looking for the diamond, I called a few up, gave them the specs, they called me back with pricing and what they could find. I went with the best deal, as well as the diamond I fell in love with. Now...when I go back to these other jewelers who I didn''t buy the diamond from (it''s a small town, and the majority of people know me...because of my occupation, I''m "seen" alot..LOL)..anyway..I have dealt with these other jewelers before, who have set stones..sized rings..etc. Suddenly, because I didn''t buy the diamond from them, they are turning me away...hurt feelings I guess? They asked me who I bought it from, what I paid, what it was appraised at etc...then they basically said they are far too busy...or can''t, won''t...whatever the excuse. Like I said, I even offered to pay one jeweler (who has set about 6 rings for me in the past), DOUBLE for his labour...and he said come back in a couple months when he wasn''t so busy. I went back, and he says he is still too busy. I think I can take the hint!
emwink.gif
The jeweler I did buy the diamond from, gave me a price, and I said "including a plain setting"...which he/she agreed to. They won''t reset it for me again, since it took them 3 attempts (again, NOT my fault..if you seen the pics, you understand how they botched up the ring, and made it look NOTHING like what I paid for)! So...I was told, "the money is in the diamond, NOT the setting"...and I simply said, "I understand, but you can''t walk around with a loose diamond on your hand now can you, it needs a mounting!" I told them that after they messed it up on attempt # 2, and wanted it remounted properly! Again..no biggie, I have bigger things to worry about than snooty jewelers (since I got the diamond in July, I have been unhealthy, had surgery 3 weeks ago, thought I was making a full recovery, but found out differently), so DIAMONDS and anything that sparkles...LOL...is my "pick me up"!! Thanks for reading old threads, and living through the drama Woobug!! LOL

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOO now I totally understand....Small Town !!!! GOT IT! Well like you I would be affraid to give it to the one that messed it up 2 or 3 times....Are you close to any big cities??? I am soo sorry you have been ill. I knew you were having surgery and thought you were doing better ;( ENJOY YOUR JEWELRY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So do you think if you order a setting from someone that you can get someone to set it? I am not trying to get to personal but is your diamond insured??? If so, will the insurance become void if you send it to the USA?

Pearlmans is in Michigan and they are soooo great!!! I JUST LOVE THEM!!!! I would trust them with all of my jewelry....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results