shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it possible to size a channel set diamond eternity band?

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I was wondering is it impossible to size a:

Channel set diamond eternity band with 1.27 carat of cushion cut diamonds. I know sizing down could just require sizing beads but if I want to size up is this possible to add a sizing bar or would it be near impossible?

I would really appreciate some help from all the truly knowledgeable people here.

My glimmer of hope is that a sizing bar may be possible to add...

I look forward to hearing any thoughts.

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
Re: Is it possible to size a channel set diamond eternity ba

Bump

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi blisscathy :wavey:

Although some prong set eternities can be sized, I don't think it's possible to size a channel set eternity due to the way the stones are set. At least that's what I understand... maybe someone else can shed some more light as to the "whys & hows"... :))

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock

Thanks you for your reply Msop! I was feeling very invisible!!! I also think it's a very complicated task and probably one best to keep away from.

I think because the diamonds are channel set resizing it will cause more risk of diamonds falling out.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think the answer is "no", the band has to be recast. Your post is very timely, I have just dropped off my wife's eternity band, round diamonds, channel set, also at the jeweler we bought it. I am going to attach a picture, but in my case the "culet" actually poke through the holes in the ring so slightly. It does not seem that you can cut it, add a diamond, then put it back together. I think mine is going to need a whole new cast to accommodate another diamond or two. My wife's fingers are larger now than 7 years ago. She has not gained any weight but menopause is a bitch! I should hear from my jeweler in a day or two, will post results, but not optimistic.

img_4916.jpg

img_4918.jpg

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock

WillyDiamond|1403566058|3699526 said:
I think the answer is "no", the band has to be recast. Your post is very timely, I have just dropped off my wife's eternity band, round diamonds, channel set, also at the jeweler we bought it. I am going to attach a picture, but in my case the "culet" actually poke through the holes in the ring so slightly. It does not seem that you can cut it, add a diamond, then put it back together. I think mine is going to need a whole new cast to accommodate another diamond or two. My wife's fingers are larger now than 7 years ago. She has not gained any weight but menopause is a bitch! I should hear from my jeweler in a day or two, will post results, but not optimistic.

Thanks Willy Diamond, that looks very similar to the one I have apart from they are cushion cut diamonds. Re cast sound laborious but at for a wedding band I'm glad you at least have options.

Eternities looks so amazing they are just so impractical, I would love a prong set full eternity with 0.25 pointers the whole way around but worry too much about size fluctuation.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mine was "reamed out" a bit but it contained smaller 4-pointer diamonds. It fit for while.
I have since gotten older and my fingers have also gotten larger so it no longer fits.
But I also got this ring 30+ years ago.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results