shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it even possible? Looking for an inexpensive Heart Cut.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
I am still looking for a heart cut diamond around 1ct that needs to be at least 6.30mm east to west and 6.30-7mm north to south for a center stone. But the tough part is finding one around or a smidgen above $2,000. that is eye-clean. There have been a couple of close calls on finding one, but my timing was off. I do not like white diamonds. I saw a beautiful L color heart at Americus that had so little color I found it hard to believe it was an L. But sadly that was out of my price range.
This is the setting I'm hoping for (without shoulder stones.) I would appreciate any help you experts would like to give. Thank you in advance :D

_5727.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Is it even possible? Looking for an inexpensive Heart Cu

I would never try to buy a heart diamond to fit a stock setting. Find the heart you love and then have the setting custom made to fit it. It is far too limiting to have specific measurements with a fancy cut stone like a heart. I think you need to be a little under a carat to meet your budget. There simply aren't going to be many L and lower color heart shaped diamonds out there.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

HI Elizabeth,
I agree with DiamondSeeker- trying to buy a heart to fit into a pre-made setting is not likely to work well. Even if two hearts have the same LxW, it's likely they actual shape will be different.
I'd suggest trying to find a complete piece- or a seller that can supply the stone and make the ring in your budget.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It didn't sound like the op already had the setting as it appears she is just showing a halo style (she said she wants a plain shank)

Would you consider brown?

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Diamondseeker, I appreciate your advice. I would like the ring custom made for me. And I will hace a root through the JA page you've posted. :D

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Rockdiamond.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

You are right Neil, I don't have the setting. I just like the three-prong with bezel halo. And yes, I'd consider a brown diamond as long as it's not too dark. Thanks for your help.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

also, if you dont mind me asking, does it have to be a diamond? if you dont like white diamonds, would you consider a colored stone like a sapphire?

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the links Neil, I'll check them out. And yes I prefer a diamond.
Which of these would you say is the better stone/deal?

_1411.png

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Do you like the look of a warm center stone with white metal and a white halo? I personally love warm diamonds, but not with white metal.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

I'm tending toward the 2045233. What do you all think of this diamond? Really appreciate all your help. :D

Talked to Melissa about the cloud. She said it shouldn't be seen in a VS.

Funion

Rough_Rock

Hi Elizabeth
Have you tried diamondsbylauren? They usually have a few heart shaped colored diamonds listed. Good luck with your search!

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

Hi Tourmaline, I do prefer a bit of warmth in a diamond. Really don't care for anything higher than an H. And would love one day to have a gorgeous fancy-yellow diamond. I've never seen a warm stone set in white gold or Plat. And my prefered metal is Platinum. I'm hoping the stone I choose looks nice in platinum.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

Hi Funion, I have looked over in Diamonds by Lauren but didn't find anything in the size I wanted.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ElizabethR|1473377499|4074467 said:
I'm tending toward the 2045233. What do you all think of this diamond? Really appreciate all your help. :D

That would be my pick of those three, too!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1473396652|4074517 said:
ElizabethR|1473377499|4074467 said:

That would be my pick of those three, too!

Same.
If you've never purchased fromja before see if you can't manage to use the referral discount. It would get you closer to your budget

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A k will be tinted but it will look white in a lot of environments. If you truly don't want a white diamond that's something to consider.

May I ask why you absolutely need a 1 ct? You said you like fancy yellow. Those can be very noticeable even in smaller sizes. You could get a smaller one if you wanted yellow. Also, you could get a double halo if you need size.

Lastly, had you considered diamonds that had been treated to enhance the color? Not for everyone certainly but if you know what you're buying that can still be lovely abd cost effective

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Diamondseeker. :D

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

I have purchased a platinum ring from JA many years ago, but never a diamond. They have graciously offered the PS discount which brings the price nicely into that 'smidgen' range. I am going to order it today and hope it is as beautiful as it looks in their video. :D

When it gets here I'll try and post a picture.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

This diamond is not for an engagement ring Niel. It's for my right hand and so I wanted it to be a big, warm, fat, heart. And Didn't want to spend too much on it. Hubby says, buy what I want, but I'm a frugal type of girl. On the 1ct question, it was the measurements that were important, and nothing much below the 1ct had the width I was looking for. If this .93ct stone works out I'll be very happy.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

Thanks everyone for your help. You are all amazing. :appl: This is a wonderful community and I wish everyone knew about it.

When I get the heart I'll post a picture.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

arkieb1|1473397553|4074521 said:
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/72ct-heart-shape-diamond-gia-f-i1#.V9JHqygVq5Q

If that one is too small email Grace she seems to have a stash of heart shaped diamonds she puts into bracelets and pendants all the time, she might have something that is not advertised.

I did look at that one Arkieb1 but it is a little too white for me. Thanks for heads-up on Grace.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awesome! I love diamonds just below a carat mark! They are a better value and look about the same as the full carat. Can't wait to hear what you think!

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

I'm back on the trail. :wall:

I got the diamond and it was the most beautiful heart shape. But it didn't have the yellow color seen on the JA video, and it looked pretty dead indoors. It had no colored flashes. So, It has been returned to JA.

_5999.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results